GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ugly Star Wars DVD release rumour that's going around..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've heard that Lucas wants to replace the original Anakin Skywalker we see after Vader removies his helmet in ROTJ, with a CG Hayden Christian made to look old. Muuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh? *slaps belming chin* I hope, for everyone's sake, that this isn't true.
Tue 24/02/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I did't understand what die hard Star Wars fans were carping on about when they redid the trilogy...I'm just a casual fan and thought that they were being silly...that was until the BBC buggered about with my beloved Red Dwarf!! sacralidge!! I'm glad the BBC saw sense with the DVD release :) Since then I have fully understood what SW fans mean. It is horrible to see something you love ruined for the sake of glossiness.
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:47
Regular
As far as I know the 'special edition' versions of the original trilogy had all the original material intact, it simply had extra bits 'bolted on' and certain scenes were slightly enhanced.

as this is the case, you ARE getting the original trilogy. I really don't see how a few enhanced scenes can ruin the films for you.

I've never watched a directors cut of a film and thought it was worse than the original - any extra footage is a bonus in my view, regardless of how many years later it was added.

the idea of replacing darths face with Haydens is ridiculous and I could never see that happening.
Tue 24/02/04 at 16:53
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
That is ugly. Hideous.

And I believe it's runt.
Tue 24/02/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> Then Mr Lucas is beyond help. RIP Beloved *unt.

Punt?
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Milky Milky"
The only hope that I can see is if EVERYONE boycotted the DVD release and petioned for the release of the originals...but that ain't gonna happen...people will just follow like sheep and buy the set when it comes out :(

go to www.ebay.co.uk to watch as people are desperately trying to dump their illegal DVD copies of the trilogy before anyone notices that it coming out properly...and laugh as people actually buy them!!! LOL for as much as £30.00+!!!
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Then Mr Lucas is beyond help. RIP Beloved *unt.
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Milky Milky"
There is no chance of the originals ever being released sadly...Mr Lucas has gone on record as saying that he hates them!! He will never ever watch them again!!
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The crappy special effects from the original were part of it's charm - it encouraged us to use our imaginations to fill in the gaps. It would be make much more satisfying viewing to watch the original originals, rather than the trumped up special editions. They sure are "special".
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Milky Milky"
You can all relax...well kinda...there are no new scenes being filmed apparently...what we are getting are the Special Editions that were released a few years ago...nothing added...nothing taken away...so if you like those you're happy...if you hate them then tough...shame he isn't going to re-film the Emperor scene from Empire though :( That has alays annoyed me!!
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
monkey_man wrote:
> I've just spotted two glaring errors in my post: "removies his
> helmet", and "Hayden Christian". It's
> "Christiansensen", or something like that. I think. Bah.
> I apologise.

Well i suppose it is a removie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.