GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just got back from the doctors about my heart..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/02/04 at 16:27
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Well I had to wait a week but now I am back from my appointment at the doctors. It went relatively well although I have to go to the hospital and stuff still. I went in and he asked me what the problem was as per usual and I said I have been having really irregular heart beats. He first asked me when it was happening, I said mainly when I was just sitting doing nothing and he said that's good because it rules out strenious excerise being the cause of near heart attacks and stuff heh. He then asked me to tap out what my heart beat was like when I had those irregular beats. I tapped rapidly on the counter like a rabbit having sex but that was completely wrong, I said no wait it's morel like this and I did it going fast then stopping then starting fast, normal, fast, fast, stopping, you know, really iratic. He then took my blood pressure which he said was fine, my pulse was fine and he asked if I drunk a lot of alcohol: No, Do I smoke?: No, Do I do drugs?: No, Do I drink a lot of tea or coffee?: No I don't drink tea or coffee.

He then asked my to take my t-shirt off so he could use that heart hearing thing, stethascope? I don't know, anyway he said he couldn't hear anything abnormal and was quite dumbfounded until he looked at my family history. Oh poo. Apparently both my Mum and Gran had a problem with their Thyroids at about my age and they both needed operations to correct the problem. He think that I may have got a heriditary Thyroid disease from them that means it is producing too much of a hormone or something causing my heart to go freaky every now and again.

I now have an appointment at the hospital on Monday to go get an Electric Cardiograph and I need to get a full set of blood tests at the Doctors one day next week. All the results will be sent to my Doctor and he can hopefully accurately diagnose it without anymore tests. I really hope it isn't a thyoid problem though because I really don't want a scar along my throwt. Bah life's a b!t
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:27
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Well I had to wait a week but now I am back from my appointment at the doctors. It went relatively well although I have to go to the hospital and stuff still. I went in and he asked me what the problem was as per usual and I said I have been having really irregular heart beats. He first asked me when it was happening, I said mainly when I was just sitting doing nothing and he said that's good because it rules out strenious excerise being the cause of near heart attacks and stuff heh. He then asked me to tap out what my heart beat was like when I had those irregular beats. I tapped rapidly on the counter like a rabbit having sex but that was completely wrong, I said no wait it's morel like this and I did it going fast then stopping then starting fast, normal, fast, fast, stopping, you know, really iratic. He then took my blood pressure which he said was fine, my pulse was fine and he asked if I drunk a lot of alcohol: No, Do I smoke?: No, Do I do drugs?: No, Do I drink a lot of tea or coffee?: No I don't drink tea or coffee.

He then asked my to take my t-shirt off so he could use that heart hearing thing, stethascope? I don't know, anyway he said he couldn't hear anything abnormal and was quite dumbfounded until he looked at my family history. Oh poo. Apparently both my Mum and Gran had a problem with their Thyroids at about my age and they both needed operations to correct the problem. He think that I may have got a heriditary Thyroid disease from them that means it is producing too much of a hormone or something causing my heart to go freaky every now and again.

I now have an appointment at the hospital on Monday to go get an Electric Cardiograph and I need to get a full set of blood tests at the Doctors one day next week. All the results will be sent to my Doctor and he can hopefully accurately diagnose it without anymore tests. I really hope it isn't a thyoid problem though because I really don't want a scar along my throwt. Bah life's a b!t
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
Could be worse.

Chin up.
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I was wondering when you'd get round to seeing a doctor ...

ECG's are pretty straightforward - just some clips on your ankle, wrist and your chest.

Good luck with the results.

Paradox: wrote:
> Chin up.

I hope that was unintentionally funny ... :^O
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:02
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Buh I hate hospitals, in all truth though I'm more worried about the needle for my blood test. I actually managed to fake a reaction to my BCG test so that I wouldn't have to get the big ass needle that for BCG which I think protects against Tuberculosis or something. When looking back on it I probably should have got it but meh I doubt many people die of TB in this day and age anyway.
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:23
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I missed out on the BCG. Might be a problem if I ever go abraod though.
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Cub!st wrote:
> I doubt many people die of TB in this day and age anyway.

They don't, but that's only because they've had the jab!
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:41
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Well if I'm surrounded by people who can't possibly have the disease then I have noone to catch it from. Yay me! That logic is flawed in so many ways but still.
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Hope it all works out Cubist. Hospitals are a b!tch.
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Thanks Lindgren, I hope it turns out well too heh.
Fri 20/02/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've never minded hospitals - it's some of the people I don't like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.