GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA BACK IN THE HARDWARE BUSINESS! NOT JOKE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/04/01 at 14:59
Regular
As I've been saying in the last few weeks, DCs are now selling far more than PS2s in Japan. DCs used to sell 400/month, bt have rocketed to 43,000/month, just above the PS2. This was mainly due to the price cut. At the same time, there has been a 50% sales increase in america!

But now Sega, rather than wait for DCs to dry up, have decided to launch a major manufacturing deal. Unlike the old deal whereby PACE would make set op boxes that could play DC games, this deal will be much bigger. Sega are looking for partners to make, produce and market the DC in return for some royalties! They have already sigened a deal with Panasonic, who are making the GC, and will be using GC players in their own DVD players. So maybe we could see a console that played both Sega and Nintendo games in the future! Check it all out on the Japanese web site!

Sonic
Mon 02/04/01 at 20:57
apparently the gameboy advanced soldund 551,000 units in its first 4 days on sale in japan - htat is amazing. In contrast the ps2 only sold 70,00 in its first week and the DC only 40,000 (i think)
Mon 02/04/01 at 06:56
Actually, according to ODDM the Dreamcast sold 60,000 units (thats like almost 1% of total sales) in the fortnight after the price reduction was introduced. See?
Sun 01/04/01 at 23:17
Regular
Ah-ha! My cunning plan worked to flush you out!
You feel into it by revealing who you are!

YH: Being triumphant since 1981.

:-)
Sun 01/04/01 at 23:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
DOH! just blew it with the name! I am indeed ER-WHO. I am also Mazza123 (a guy who has made games for Sega and met shigsy!)

Sonic
Sun 01/04/01 at 23:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
FOOL! That was not the April fools! The DC is selling 44,000 a month in japan following the price cut- that is fact! Compared to the PS2s 40,000 no less! The joke is that it's being remade!

Sonic
Sun 01/04/01 at 22:52
Regular
The DC maybe actually selling well, but 43,000 units per month!?!?!?

Obviously worked on some people though Sonic, well done mate!
Sun 01/04/01 at 22:49
Nice one!

Actually I could see right through it. AS IF Sega'd be so stupid, but the DC is actually selling well as it happens.

I'll be off now...
Sun 01/04/01 at 21:54
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
HAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

this post was a hoax! Even some of the replies were hoaxes made in conjunction with several other members of the FOG!!!

Sonic
Sun 01/04/01 at 18:49
Regular
If this isn't a joke then if shows that the DC didn't have the popularity to compete with other current consoles - by reducing the price so radically, it is now competing with the N64 and PSOne, but with the knowledge that it might last a bit longer.

I don't really believe the extra sales will last long though, and I'm certainly not going to waste my money on a consoles which was out of date before it came out!
Sun 01/04/01 at 18:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Although we have all fashioned a very unbiased state on consoles
> here, do you have a personal favourite in the coming console wars
> Mazza?

Believe it or not, I used to work in Japan for a long time... in games! Musician for Sega as it happens. In fact, Sega is my fave... but someone already took the name Sonic!!!! AHHHH!!!! Anyway, the reason I picked Mazza as a name is because the highlight of my career over there was the day before I left for England. Having heard about my love of Shigeru Miyamoto's work, the head of my department at Sega allowed me to attend a conference for top dogs in the industry- where I met Shigsy!!!!!! Now that is cool!

Mazza!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.