GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need some help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Resident Evil 4.

I have just got to the part that overlooks the hedge maze. I didn't go straight into the maze, instead I opted to go into the room on the right as there was a much needed typewriter. There was a cut-scene about Ada (I think that was her name), then I explored inside the castle a little bit. Eventually I ended up coming out of a door that I had passed before on the other side but I couldn't open it as it was locked. I went back around, past the fountain and the window that you need Ashley to get into.

When I got back to the hedge maze, I couldn't get in as the only set of stairs was blocked by a wall. How do you unblock it?

I've had a look at quite a few walkthrough's and none of them have mentioned the stairs being blocked.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Sun 24/04/05 at 21:01
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gerrid wrote:
> Why would you choose to play on Easy, unless you were a small girl? I
> just don't understand.

Who knows, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I didn't really fancy being thrown in at the deep end. I really regret it now.

Aside from being mislead by a walkthrough that was intended for normal, I've flown through it.

I'm going to restart it now, and salvage what's left of my dignity.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tomm wrote:
> If you're gonna play it again, just hope that if you complete it on
> easy, Pro is available. Its the only difficulty worth playing on. :P

Nope, you have to complete Normal for Pro to become availiable.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why would you choose to play on Easy, unless you were a small girl? I just don't understand.
Sun 24/04/05 at 19:47
"period drama"
There's some other stuff you miss on easy as well.
I was talking about fighting the knights to one guy, and he didn't have a clue what I was on about - so I'm guessing that's not in easy either.
Sun 24/04/05 at 18:42
Regular
"the burning sky"
If you're gonna play it again, just hope that if you complete it on easy, Pro is available. Its the only difficulty worth playing on. :P
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:44
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Tomm wrote:
> On easy the whole hedge section is cut out off the game. Its a shame
> really.

Well that's a real punch in the crotch. It looked like fun. I would start over on normal but I've come too far to just throw it away.
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:30
Regular
"the burning sky"
On easy the whole hedge section is cut out off the game. Its a shame really.
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Cycloon wrote:
> Are you playing it on easy?
Yes.

>You don't need to go back to the maze....

I haven't even been in it yet, or is that what you meant?
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ummmm....you need to use the hedge maze to get some pieces to open up the door on the right where Ada is.

Are you playing it on easy? You don't need to go back to the maze....
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Resident Evil 4.

I have just got to the part that overlooks the hedge maze. I didn't go straight into the maze, instead I opted to go into the room on the right as there was a much needed typewriter. There was a cut-scene about Ada (I think that was her name), then I explored inside the castle a little bit. Eventually I ended up coming out of a door that I had passed before on the other side but I couldn't open it as it was locked. I went back around, past the fountain and the window that you need Ashley to get into.

When I got back to the hedge maze, I couldn't get in as the only set of stairs was blocked by a wall. How do you unblock it?

I've had a look at quite a few walkthrough's and none of them have mentioned the stairs being blocked.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.