GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DJ Shadow"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/02/04 at 20:21
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
My mate had some of his stuff on whilst I was in the car with him the other day and I've found out that he's rather good. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of him and/or likes him?
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:21
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
My mate had some of his stuff on whilst I was in the car with him the other day and I've found out that he's rather good. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of him and/or likes him?
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
Blood on the Motorway is good.

Of course I am talking about the song, not my habit for putting barbed wire across all three lanes, then sitting on a fold out chair at the side, with a thermos of coffee.
Mon 16/02/04 at 21:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Best DJ ever.

About as far away as possible as your 'largin' it' Ibiza-posse disc-spinner as you can get ie. he's actually talented.

Buy Endtroducing and The Private Press immediately.
Mon 16/02/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Notable"
I could listen to it for hours. Chills me out soo much.
Tue 17/02/04 at 00:00
Regular
"relocated"
You should also check out a mix CD he did with Cut Chemist (from Jurassic 5) called Brainfreeze: it's a mix of funk and soul records, plus samples and turntablist tricks. Very cool stuff. It's not entirely official so there's about a trillion versions - all the same music but different artwork. I think the most official release is this one: http://www.tunes.co.uk/tunes/featured/7012.html

Also RJD2 is another artist to check if you like Shadow. His album is pretty excellent but his mixes, especially 'Your Face Or Your Kneecaps' are just incredible.
Tue 17/02/04 at 00:45
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Best DJ ever.

I like his work, but that's a bold claim ....
Tue 17/02/04 at 03:58
Regular
"cachoo"
Blood on the Motorway was what got me interested, then Mashin' On The Motorway. Perfect song to play in the car! He's very good, not my fave though.
Tue 17/02/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Endtroducing is the finest album he did, the stuff with UNKLE was alright too I suppose. On a similar tip, indeed, RJD2 is fooking class. Anything by DJ Krush (the Japanese equivalent of Mr Shadow) is generally a good thing. I liked Private Press, not quite as good as Endtroducing, although Six Days is a fantastic track.

And if you find yourself liking downtempo beats, Ninja Tune have just released a massive compilation set over 2 CDs and a DVD which could be up your street.
Tue 17/02/04 at 10:27
Regular
"relocated"
Widge, have you heard the new RJD2 album? It's called Since We Last Spoke. I've got a promo copy - with a woman talking over the start and end of each song, so I'll have to get the real thing too. I've only listened to it a couple of times but I really like it so far. It's not out until May but it's all over the net so it's definitely worth getting hold of in the meantime.
Tue 17/02/04 at 10:31
Regular
"Moody DJ"
I'll definately get hold of it, I love Deadringer. Stuff like F.H.H., June, Chicken Bone Circuit ... all good stuff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.