GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come to those who wait"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Wed 27/04/05 at 19:41
Regular
It may still be a good month and a half off but at last it's going to arrive, GTA : San Andreas - 10th June.

The came looks like it's improved upon everything that was wrong in 3 and Vice, the visuals have more polish, loading times decreased and bugs eradicated.

The game wasn't very smooth on the PS2 but looks like it'll handle as smoothly as a cloud thanks to some control conversions and graphic revampings for the beloved 'Box.

PS2 fanboys who haven't got this title, a pox on ye. For the 1st time in the series your characters is fully customizable, from tats to hair-dos. Many gameplay tweaks have also been made, such as building up stats, swimming and having to eat for health.

It's the little touches that have really made San Andreas, making that dream of becoming a gangsta stylin' crib-meister ever more possible via creating your own gang and a nice bit of wanton violence.

The supplement free with this months' XBM really whets your appetite from the game and includes some nice details and fine looking screen

Did anyone turn traitor and but a PS2 to get this? or are you, like myself, wetting yourself waiting for the 10th of June

A must have I'd say, and proof that MOST of the good series' from the PS sail down the green 'Box river eventually
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No.

Because no matter how much stuff you do, it all boils down to the same thing. Being the only thing that moves in a huge city, that actually does anything.

I've played a fair bit, got out into the countryside and stuff.

It's just.......not worth it. I'm being serious, not mucking about, I jut had absoloutely no incentive to play it. 'Yeah wow, I can shoot people/run them over/drive about' Like I did last time...and the time before...and oh yeah.

Graphics or no, it still wasn't great.
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:47
Regular
Because of all the bugs, slowdowns and glitches on the PS2?

I guarantee (and many mags have said) these have been eradicated on the Xbox.

The GTA franchise is classic, like Marmite however, love it or hate it
Thu 28/04/05 at 20:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's crap.

Not just because I don't like GTA, it's actually really not very good.

Seriously.
Thu 28/04/05 at 12:18
Regular
Would have been nice if they were able to implement the two player feature into LIVE.
Wondering around, car chases and slaughtering anyone with a friend through LIVE would be great.
Thu 28/04/05 at 12:08
Regular
The pop up stuff has never really bothered me to be honest. It was the Bullet Time style slow down that completely ruined the whole game, I sold it the end as I really couldn't be bothered waiting around for things to speed up again. Felt like Driver 2 on the PSONE, the game was too ambitious for the hardware and the amount of stuff they tried to cram into the PS2 version was crazy, it is an absolutely MASSIVE game, hyowge.
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:21
Regular
The PC version looks to be worlds apart from the garbage PS2 version. None of that horrible pop in when you'd be driving along and then suddenly crash into a car you couldn't see before.
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:09
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm glad you two have picked up on the frame rate thing. I thought it was terrible at times and would cause me to fly off the road on numerous occasions. Hopefully the Xbox version will be sorted!
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:05
Regular
Yeah, the frame rate was pretty much what I was referring to also.

It sometimes became headache-inducing, especially when trying to drive a fast car.
Thu 28/04/05 at 11:00
Regular
Yeah the frame rate ruined it for me. It wasn't the fact that the graphics were pretty crap it was the horendous frame rate which completely spoilt it. Will nab either the PC or Xbox version, not sure which yet.
Thu 28/04/05 at 10:53
Regular
I got a fair bit into the PS2 version, but the arrival of Halo 2, coupled with the poor graphics, meant I never stuck with it and now it's lying on the floor somewhere at my Parent's house.

I may well pick the Xbox version up though. The improved graphics and custom soundtracks will alone make the purchase worthwile.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.