GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" X box and PS2 Tested!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/03/01 at 21:49
Regular
I was a lucky so and so whilst I was in America as I got to test both the PS2 and the x box side by side.

I noticed on one of the other topics someone said the PS2 might be faster due to chip architecture or something. I can say the X BOX leaves the PS2 standing still. The x box looks better it plays better it’s backed by the largest company in the world.
The trouble I see for Microsoft is that by the time they release the machine the Ps2 will have shifted so many units that no one will want an X box.

Secondly what will sell the machines is the software and thanks to the success of the PS1 many if the developers are going to back the PS2, as the Sony brand is associated with success i.e. PS1.

Thirdly marketing. Well I am unsure who will win this one. Both top companies backed by deep pockets. However I have a sneaky suspicion that Sony will come out on top as Microsoft will find it hard to shift it’s boring stuffy office image.
Tue 29/05/01 at 13:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
BOBFISH>>

The PS2 has alot of non sequel games out and soon to be released, although there does seems to be a fair lot of follow up games but they're all very very good.

Sony are up in arms about the competition of the xbox and i'm glad because with dreamcast out of the way,the only one would have been the gamcube and they are very different.

without competition companys are pretty much lay back and have no worrys but if there is another company trying to take over the same market,both companys work like crazy to be the best one. Like the Mega drive and Snes.
Tue 29/05/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Back For Good"
True but the biggest doesn't mean best.

When Xbox is released the PS2 will have some pretty nice extras, shown here -> http://ps2.ign.com/news/35237.html

The PSone is the world's most popular console and PSone owners will probably upgrade to the PS2 when they get the money.

Ps2 will have really taken off by the end of this year with Gran Turismo,MGS2,Devil may cry and all the rest.

Most people interested in the Xbox are PC gamers who will probably see it as just a console based PC,so why switch?

Gamecube will get going and alot of the N64 owners will probably stick with nintendo.

Sony's Playstation 2 has my vote for it's Killer games,DVD player,5:1,digital out,HDD,Internet,USB ports,Ilink,dual shock 2 and can enhance the PS1 games to work beautifully.

I can't see the xbox being nothing more than just another console,although it does have munch's oddysse,dino crises 3 and malice which look fair promising.
Mon 28/05/01 at 00:23
Oh and by the way to all of you complainign about the windows operating system, realise its on Dreamcast and Ps2 in the form of a windows ce version.
Mon 28/05/01 at 00:21
res, you really dont have a clue do you, for a start the game you saw was probably Amped, which hasn't beign finished hence how poor it looks, secondly n64 lost because of the established fan base of the playstation and the fact that the games were too expensive.

Lastly look at the games mentioned, the onyl thing the ps2 has is high res sequels, nothing new, nothing special, all just the sam old same old. Xbox is original, Xbox has the resources and best of all Xbox has me!

Oh and the bloke talkign about chipsets, Xbox isn't a pentuim III its a uniquely game tuned intel chip, unlike the ps2 chip which is already superceeded by Sony themselves 6 months after launch!!!! I think Sony is scared and this will make a better fight, even if the ps2 does win.
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:38
Regular
"Back For Good"
i saw a snowboarding game running on the x box on cybernet and it didn't come close to SSX.Some microsoft guy said and i'm quoting
"alot of kids don't have the advantage of computer games which require an expensive computer to play on,what we want to do here is give them an oppertunity to play games"

This guy has been living with his head so far up bill gate's behind he's never heard of Sony,Sega and Nintendo

By the time the x box is released Playstation 2 will have Resident evil 4,Metal gear solid 2,gran turismo 3,devil may cry and the ADD ON for internet gaming,email and to download games,drivers and updates.

The xbox may have higher "specs" but hey so did the n64 over the playstation and looked which is better.The PS2 will have great games smoothered all over game shops and it will be cheaper then and you can browse the net playing your mates with all the microphones,web cams and keyboards. the xbox will just be that piece of poo on the bottom shelve
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I have very little trouble with win2k, at least it has a close programs dialog that works...
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:03
PS2 rules, xbox runs on a rubbish pentium 3 which is no way as fast as the emotion engine. Xbox may be backed by microsoft but look at the rubbish they produce! When was the last time you heard anybody praise the reliability of their operating systems? They say they are reliable but my pc is always crashing! Microsft sucks big time!!!!!!!
Sun 01/04/01 at 20:12
How did i test an x box? I have my ways. There are some test units around and it's just a matter of finding who's got one and using your contacts.
Sat 31/03/01 at 21:52
Regular
That was probably me, but I said that the Gamecube is as fast, if not slightly faster in areas, than the X-Box because of it.

And anyway, how did you test a X-Box?
Sat 31/03/01 at 21:49
I was a lucky so and so whilst I was in America as I got to test both the PS2 and the x box side by side.

I noticed on one of the other topics someone said the PS2 might be faster due to chip architecture or something. I can say the X BOX leaves the PS2 standing still. The x box looks better it plays better it’s backed by the largest company in the world.
The trouble I see for Microsoft is that by the time they release the machine the Ps2 will have shifted so many units that no one will want an X box.

Secondly what will sell the machines is the software and thanks to the success of the PS1 many if the developers are going to back the PS2, as the Sony brand is associated with success i.e. PS1.

Thirdly marketing. Well I am unsure who will win this one. Both top companies backed by deep pockets. However I have a sneaky suspicion that Sony will come out on top as Microsoft will find it hard to shift it’s boring stuffy office image.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.