GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeserve Anytime - Anyproblems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/02/04 at 09:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
Hi, taken ages to get onto this page, I have freeserve anytime set up on my 3 computers and on each i find have found it really difficult to use the internet over the last few days. It only connects everynow and again and then the connection only seems to last a few minutes and seems to drop out. It then disconnects after about 5-10 minutes. As i say this problem has only started this weekend, and it was working fine Friday night. Has anyone else had these problems? Could it be a problem with Freeserve as i see no reason why all three computers should stop working... maybe it was that BT guy that was working down the road? Any help is appreciated, thanks
Tue 24/02/04 at 15:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
I had Freeserve Anytime for about 2/3 years and it was usually reliable but from time to time it would be funny for a few days and not connect, or take ages to connect.

This can be because:

- There is an influx of users trying to connect to the service at the same time and you're being stopped connecting or bumped offline when others connect.

- The Freeserve Anytime connection is being obstructed because BT (who provide the lines that freeserve use) are doing some maintainance work at the moment (in which case you might have had a notification letter or call).

Your connections might not be set up right, but dialup is rather easy. We rang Freeserve and complained about it being hard to get online and they gave us a different dialup number to use when it was busy - which never failed to connect. Give the customer services department a ring (its probably free) and tell them your trouble. They were always helpful with me.
Tue 24/02/04 at 10:15
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Try our Emergency Internet dial-up to see if that cures your problems.

Make a dial-up connection to 08451 12 12 12 with any user name and any password.

You can use this as much as you want but it's obviously not flat-rate access. Only charged at local call rates though.

Might get you by until your other problems are fixed.

There's more info at http://emergencyinternet.com.

Regards,
Danny
Mon 23/02/04 at 23:05
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
i have had days when i just haven't been able to get onto certain sites though which is a real pain.
Mon 23/02/04 at 23:04
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
i reckon unless freeserve have been doing some upgrades or technical crap then it'll probably be your phone line. Any crackling on it? If so call a BT Engineer, they're very good or have been for me. About the page thing. That might be because your sites have been loaded into the cache (e.g. saved to disk cause you went to them so often) so it's less of a strain to go to your sites compared to your mums. Just an idea though.
Sun 15/02/04 at 10:00
Regular
"the burning sky"
Hmmm, it's strange, it now seems to be workin fine on this site and freeserve, but when i go on a site that my mum wants to use, it doesnt work... it couldnt be that site that is making it do this could it?
Sun 15/02/04 at 09:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
Hi, taken ages to get onto this page, I have freeserve anytime set up on my 3 computers and on each i find have found it really difficult to use the internet over the last few days. It only connects everynow and again and then the connection only seems to last a few minutes and seems to drop out. It then disconnects after about 5-10 minutes. As i say this problem has only started this weekend, and it was working fine Friday night. Has anyone else had these problems? Could it be a problem with Freeserve as i see no reason why all three computers should stop working... maybe it was that BT guy that was working down the road? Any help is appreciated, thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.