GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Bought Z.O.E. For Itself, Not For The Demo."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/03/01 at 20:30
Regular
I am a firm believer in the PS2 as you all know, and i said all along that it was and would be everything that i wanted out of a games console. I also remember saying, many moons ago, that one of the top games to grace the console would be Zone Of The Enders. Now having bought it, and played the mech-warrior brass bo**ox off it, i indeed feel totally vindicated in my judgement. For want of a better word, it is PERFECT!

I have never really got into the Manga scene, so normally i would not have given such a game a second look, but the screen shots just captured me totally. I can't get enough of it! The guys at Konami have really struck GOLD with this one. The graphics, movement, and just about everything else are a joy to behold. Well done you guys!!!

Oh yeah, and it comes with a free demo of MGS2! (Sarcastic tone there)

Yes, that's right, a fully playable demo of MGS2. You know, that demo that is supposed to be the only reason Z.O.E. will be a big seller. I can just see it now, you arrive home from the shop with your brand new copy of Z.O.E. you eagerly open it, reach inside............ and pull out........... THE DEMO!!!!! Your new £40 game is then cast aside, probably used as a coaster for your cocoa no doubt.

And what then?

An hour of your life mastering the controls on a demo that you will have to wait until next year to complete?

Come on guys, give Z.O.E. a real chance, it will be the top game this year in it's own right, demo or not!
Sat 31/03/01 at 20:30
I am a firm believer in the PS2 as you all know, and i said all along that it was and would be everything that i wanted out of a games console. I also remember saying, many moons ago, that one of the top games to grace the console would be Zone Of The Enders. Now having bought it, and played the mech-warrior brass bo**ox off it, i indeed feel totally vindicated in my judgement. For want of a better word, it is PERFECT!

I have never really got into the Manga scene, so normally i would not have given such a game a second look, but the screen shots just captured me totally. I can't get enough of it! The guys at Konami have really struck GOLD with this one. The graphics, movement, and just about everything else are a joy to behold. Well done you guys!!!

Oh yeah, and it comes with a free demo of MGS2! (Sarcastic tone there)

Yes, that's right, a fully playable demo of MGS2. You know, that demo that is supposed to be the only reason Z.O.E. will be a big seller. I can just see it now, you arrive home from the shop with your brand new copy of Z.O.E. you eagerly open it, reach inside............ and pull out........... THE DEMO!!!!! Your new £40 game is then cast aside, probably used as a coaster for your cocoa no doubt.

And what then?

An hour of your life mastering the controls on a demo that you will have to wait until next year to complete?

Come on guys, give Z.O.E. a real chance, it will be the top game this year in it's own right, demo or not!
Sat 31/03/01 at 20:52
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Kieran, I am guilty of playing the MGS2 demo first. I didn’t really purchase the game to play Z.O.E much. When I think about it, it really sounds strange to shell out 40 quid on a demo. The reason I wanted the demo so much was to see what all the fuss was about.

I got the game, rushed home and pulled the MGS2 demo out and played it solid for about 3 hours. I got a LITTLE bored of the demo by now so I decided to give Zone Of The Enders a whirl. My expectation for the game wasn’t to high so I was absolutely amazed at just how good the game was!

I was instantly hooked. I have been playing it none stop since I bought it. It’s not fair for people to say that Z.O.E was released just for the Metal Gear Solid2 demo because it wasn’t. I think that the game is perfect in every way.

I know I shouldn’t have bought Z.O.E just for the demo, but because MGS2 is going to be the best game ever, I was just to tempted to play it. I am now shocked that I was willing to pay 40 quid for it. I am just thankful that I love Z.O.E so much.

Imagine if I had got the game + demo and didn’t like the main game. That would be a disaster because the demo doesn’t have that much of a lifespan, no matter how detailed it is, you will eventually get bored of just playing the same level day in day out.

Full credit to KONAMI for giving me the opportunity to play a fantastic robot shot-em-up and for a brilliant demo.
Sat 31/03/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I first saw Z.O.E on a PSW DVD and was amazed how good it looked. I thought to myself "that will be a good game". I found out that Z.O.E was going to have a MGS2 demo. I decided not to get them game as Shadow of Memories was coming out the next week. Everybody was talking about Z.O.E getting released. Then on the Monday before the release I cracked and placed my order. I got the game and whacked in the MGS2 demo only to relise I have a duff copy(Come On Sony get it sorted). I still tried to load it up. After about 2 hours overall(As I waited 30 mins for loading before I had to go to work. Then I came home, It loaded , crashed) I had 15 mins of play time before I walked into the damn trip wires. I then gave up and the next day put Z.O.E. I played on it for 5 hours that day and then completed it the following day. It is short but it is very good, not too repetive as fighting is fun. I have started the game again to get a higher ranking and the extra stuff for versus mode. Since playing MGS2 on the day I got Z.O.E I have only tried to play MGS2 once. And that time it loaded up pretty quick but then I kinda started to take along time. I got to the boss seqeuence i think. So everybody is saying how good the demo is when I am one of very few who has spent very little time on the demo. I think that Z.O.E is worth the money even with out the demo.
Sun 01/04/01 at 01:20
Finally! More people that have the same views about ZOE as I did! I played the game via a Rental from Blockbusters, and I was amazed at how good the graphics actually was for it, and fact that I was really enjoying every moment of it! I then decidded to buy it as I could not wait much longer. I did actually buy the game for the game, and NOT the MGS2 Demo. Even though I put in the Demo first, because I was only going to play the demo once, which I have, and the graphics are good, but I can wait for next year, in due course I will be enjoying all the ZOE's and the Final Fantasy's of the Gaming world!
Mon 02/04/01 at 22:42
Ah! Nice to see that an old gamester like me can still get it right sometimes.

Sorry to all you regulars that my posts are few and far between, my role at work has changed and this does not give me much time on the PC. How are you all? Still going strong Wookie?

Keep up the good work lads!!
Tue 03/04/01 at 10:27
"High polygon count"
> Still going strong Wookie?

Well, still going... :-)
Tue 03/04/01 at 12:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hi Kieran!!

I agree, ZOE is excellent, and I also got ZOE for the game.

MGS2 demo was just a very, very......very nice bonus.
Wed 04/04/01 at 19:32
At the moment I am trying to win Z.O.E on game-a-day, and I am mostly interested in it because of the game, not the MGS2 demo.

Call me 'sad' but I have actually built an orbital frame out of Lego. =¬)
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:06
"High polygon count"
Lego! Now there's a toy and a half! Hours of entertainment.

Incidentally, if you have any Lego that you no longer play with - erm... use, rather - have a look at flogging it on ebay - some of the old sets sell for a bloody fortune!
Wed 04/04/01 at 20:08
really, ill have the rich life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.