GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Family Guy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/02/04 at 19:56
Regular
What a tragically overlooked yet brilliant comedy.

In my eyes, easily as good as The Simpsons in terms of humour, and is full of jokes that really crack you up. Honestly, it's not just a "ha ha" here and there; I've been known to fall off my seat laughing when watching Family Guy. So yes, it deserves a thread.

For any fans (and if you're not a fan, I heartily suggest you become one), a Family Guy Collection containing all fifty episodes from seasons one, two and three and two discs of extras will be released on the 23rd February. I actually own all the series box sets so far, but will happily sell them on eBay to buy this. It's looking great.

You may also have heard that it has been cancelled. This was partly because it had irregular, poorly advertised TV slots on Fox in the states, which led to very few people watching it. Also, many of those who did manage to catch it wrote into Fox complaining about it's offensive content. Fortunately, because of some great DVD sales, Fox have said they'll be doing one of two things - funding a Family Guy film to round it off entirely, or comissionning another two series. Personally, I'd prefer the latter - I'm not sure how a film would work, and two more seasons, there's an open option for more. Here's hoping.

So does anyone else like this? I think I might have talked with a few people on this site about it before, but I can't remember. It needs a thread anyway. So yeah, discuss and post your favourite quotes or something.
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:56
Regular
What a tragically overlooked yet brilliant comedy.

In my eyes, easily as good as The Simpsons in terms of humour, and is full of jokes that really crack you up. Honestly, it's not just a "ha ha" here and there; I've been known to fall off my seat laughing when watching Family Guy. So yes, it deserves a thread.

For any fans (and if you're not a fan, I heartily suggest you become one), a Family Guy Collection containing all fifty episodes from seasons one, two and three and two discs of extras will be released on the 23rd February. I actually own all the series box sets so far, but will happily sell them on eBay to buy this. It's looking great.

You may also have heard that it has been cancelled. This was partly because it had irregular, poorly advertised TV slots on Fox in the states, which led to very few people watching it. Also, many of those who did manage to catch it wrote into Fox complaining about it's offensive content. Fortunately, because of some great DVD sales, Fox have said they'll be doing one of two things - funding a Family Guy film to round it off entirely, or comissionning another two series. Personally, I'd prefer the latter - I'm not sure how a film would work, and two more seasons, there's an open option for more. Here's hoping.

So does anyone else like this? I think I might have talked with a few people on this site about it before, but I can't remember. It needs a thread anyway. So yeah, discuss and post your favourite quotes or something.
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:59
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Maverick42 wrote:
> What a tragically overlooked yet brilliant comedy.

I dunno man, there are an awful lot of Family Guy fans. Just because it hasn't dominated the world like the Simpsons doesn't mean it's overlooked - put anything up against Friends or keep messing around with scheduling and you'll be hard pressed to get good figures. I think this is the first case of so many people buying a DVD that the show gets recomissioned.
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm an avid fan of the show, as are quite a few people at college.

What were those "extras" disks you mentioned that are coming out on february 23rd? I've not heard anything about those! Go on...
Sat 14/02/04 at 00:02
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Maverick, I love you, not only do you love Family Guy but Ghostbusters as well (tag).

Family Guy is possibly the funniest thing that has ever happened.

If they make more series, I will be over the moon.
Sat 14/02/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Paradox: wrote:
> I'm an avid fan of the show, as are quite a few people at college.
>
> What were those "extras" disks you mentioned that are
> coming out on february 23rd? I've not heard anything about those! Go
> on...

The extras involve commentary at the very least. I can't wait.
Sat 14/02/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Family Guy, in a way, reminds me of Futurama.

They're both amazing series. I've got all the DVD boxsets for both, and I can't see why Fox would cancel them.

I think Family Guy holds it in the random department- things happen/are said that you wouldn't expect (MC Hammer-style song, anyone?).

Futurama, in my eyes, is the better series. It's an overly genius program. I hope Fox commission more episodes...
Sat 14/02/04 at 11:10
Regular
Family Guy made me laugh more, Futurama though good there were many times I just felt bleh (whatever that means). Like the lengths Fry's stupidity went. Bender getting annoying, the Fry and Leela thing.

The thing about the Simpsons was there were lots of characters you did like, some you didnt (i.e Marge, Lisa etc) but in Futurama I found there were a lot of character, main characters that I personally didnt like (Hermes & his wife & kid, Professor, Richard Nixon, Calculon, Amy Wong's parents, Nibbler, sometimes Leela) The one episode I really hated (which they mentioned and disagreed with on the commentaries) was the one with Zoidburgs Uncle. Of course there were a lot of other episodes I didnt like and almost all Family Guy episodes I did like. Still a good series though.
Sat 14/02/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Mr and Mrs Wong are genius though.

"Haha, Amy so fat, she sit around whole room! hahah!"
Sat 14/02/04 at 20:43
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
I think both Family Guy and Futurama are class and cant see why people still go on and on about the simpsons??come on people that programe got cr@p back in 99.
Shame family guy got cancelled but at least we have season 4 on dvd plus family guy the movie [also dvd] coming out this yr. Hopefully futurama will follow this and and season 5 out on dvd.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:07
Regular
There is no Season 4 or movie as of yet - and so I feel very confident that we will not be seeing them on DVD this year.

I hope they do continue Family Guy - if only for DVD release, but I haven't got my hopes up.

It seems if Fox can't compete with themselves, then they just give up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.