GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 is it really worth it?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/03/01 at 12:58
Regular
I have recently bought a ps2 and it was every thing I expected it to be and more. However I have noticed the numerous complaints by people about the cost of the console.
Indeed £300 is a lot to pay but just take a moment to realise what excellence you have just received. You have been provided with a state of the art 128-bit games console with many great games such as Time splitters and Tekken tag along with many others to come. A dvd player which is not to be sniffed at. The Hard drive add-on hopefully to be released later this year introducing the world of Broadband networking. Not forgetting the usb ports ready for numerous accessories. Correct me if I’m wrong but is that not worth £300?
Sat 31/03/01 at 12:58
I have recently bought a ps2 and it was every thing I expected it to be and more. However I have noticed the numerous complaints by people about the cost of the console.
Indeed £300 is a lot to pay but just take a moment to realise what excellence you have just received. You have been provided with a state of the art 128-bit games console with many great games such as Time splitters and Tekken tag along with many others to come. A dvd player which is not to be sniffed at. The Hard drive add-on hopefully to be released later this year introducing the world of Broadband networking. Not forgetting the usb ports ready for numerous accessories. Correct me if I’m wrong but is that not worth £300?
Sat 31/03/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
This person dave has just copied this straight from Official Playstation 2 Magazine!

I was flicking through the “postal” section when I read an article called WORTH EVERY PENNY and it was so familiar. I looked back at this topic and it was clear that Dave has just copied it from the mag to hear.

If this is allowed then it doesn’t matter but I would of thought that it wasn’t allowed.

To get back to the topic I have been very pleased with the PS2. I won’t bother typing loads because I have done this argument to many times.

There are, and will be great games on the playstation2. If people don’t think they are good enough, tough luck. I personally don’t know anybody that has a PS2 who says that they have wasted their money.

If people really think they have wasted their money and that they won’t like the games coming out for the PS2 then I would suggest that they sell the PS2 right away so they can still get a fair amount of money for it.

As I say, I am pleased with the console and I think it’s worth every penny. Not only for the truly outstanding games which are, and are going to be out but for the ability to be a load of other gadgets in one. DVD player, CD player and eventually the ability for online gaming.

Maybe people who have bought the PS2 and don’t like it should of thought a bit harder before buying the console.
Mon 02/04/01 at 20:28
I think £300 is a brilliant price because it is thought that it is costing sony around £400 to make the unit with research and development costing loads aswell. This is the same with most consoles. No money is made from the sale of the units. The money is made from the sale of accesories, licenses to develop for the console and the sale of games. It usually takes around 4 years for the companies to make a profit and it is thought that the Microsoft Xbox won't make any profit until 5 years after its' release, mainly because they spent loads of money on research + development. But Mr Gates can probably afford it - the rich bas*ard!!
Tue 03/04/01 at 17:44
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i think £300 is a fair price considering ps1 was £300 on release . and as you have said, it can do a whole lot more. in fact the more i think about it , £300 is a absolute bargain
Tue 03/04/01 at 17:59
Regular
I think its really worth £300 considering that Xbox maybe £400 or above and some people lacked patience, didn't pre-order their PS2 and come launch day they parted with £1500, an we all know that they didn't buy it for this much in the shops. Even though Gamecube has been rumoured to be $99 come launch day in America.
Wed 04/04/01 at 19:31
M16 wrote:
> This person dave has just copied this straight from Official
> Playstation 2 Magazine!

I was flicking through the “postal”
> section when I read an article called WORTH EVERY PENNY and it was
> so familiar. I looked back at this topic and it was clear that Dave
> has just copied it from the mag to hear.

If this is allowed then
> it doesn’t matter but I would of thought that it wasn’t
> allowed.

To get back to the topic I have been very pleased with
> the PS2. I won’t bother typing loads because I have done this
> argument to many times.

There are, and will be great games on the
> playstation2. If people don’t think they are good enough, tough
> luck. I personally don’t know anybody that has a PS2 who says that
> they have wasted their money.

If people really think they have
> wasted their money and that they won’t like the games coming out for
> the PS2 then I would suggest that they sell the PS2 right away so
> they can still get a fair amount of money for it.

As I say, I am
> pleased with the console and I think it’s worth every penny. Not
> only for the truly outstanding games which are, and are going to be
> out but for the ability to be a load of other gadgets in one. DVD
> player, CD player and eventually the ability for online
> gaming.

Maybe people who have bought the PS2 and don’t like it
> should of thought a bit harder before buying the console.

you idiot that person from the oficial uk mag was me! david cossey from norwich check what you are saying before you accuse me next time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.