GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Wind Waker itself"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/02/04 at 10:49
Regular
"Moody DJ"
A nice gimmick, but along with the Ocarina, once again I find myself playing just the TWO tunes with it after a while. I find that happens alot with games, a novel idea which ends up only being used about once ever in a game to get past a specific obstacle.

Another one is the fire extinguisher from Metal Gear 2. How wowed we were about the promise of interactive surroundings to battle our baddies with in MGS2. When it comes down to it, the only time I EVER used the extinguisher technique was when the game tells you to at the beginning.

I find it such a shame when a game comes up with a novel twist to a gameplay mechanic, when it only seems to have been created with the intention of getting past just one particular obstacle in the game.
Thu 12/02/04 at 10:49
Regular
"Moody DJ"
A nice gimmick, but along with the Ocarina, once again I find myself playing just the TWO tunes with it after a while. I find that happens alot with games, a novel idea which ends up only being used about once ever in a game to get past a specific obstacle.

Another one is the fire extinguisher from Metal Gear 2. How wowed we were about the promise of interactive surroundings to battle our baddies with in MGS2. When it comes down to it, the only time I EVER used the extinguisher technique was when the game tells you to at the beginning.

I find it such a shame when a game comes up with a novel twist to a gameplay mechanic, when it only seems to have been created with the intention of getting past just one particular obstacle in the game.
Fri 13/02/04 at 12:34
Regular
"??????"
WHAT?!?

The Wind Waker is used for LOADS of things! I've used the Ballad of Gales, The Song of Passing and the Wind's Requiem countless times!
Sat 14/02/04 at 00:51
Regular
He was right about the other three tunes though.
Sat 14/02/04 at 14:02
Regular
"??????"
You still use the Control Melody a fair bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.