GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation history"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/04/05 at 17:42
Regular
"the whites are goin"
In school, we had to do a talk about something we were interested in, I did mine about the Hillsbourgh diasaster, and chris young did his about the history of play station. After hearing it, i feel sorry for nintendo.

Aparently in 1988, sony and nintendo joined forces to make a super disc console (now the ps1) Nintendo invented it but sont payed for the research to be done. when it had been desighned, sony conned nintendo to sign a legal document wich ses they wanted to give sont all the rights to the super disc. The two companies then parted ways.

A few years later, sony released the super disc but called it the psx! Nintendo get absolutely no money at all and they practically invented it! I think they shuld feel hard done by, no one should be able to feel good after buying a ps1 or a ps2 console. well im off to play fifa 2005 on my ps2, cya later ppl....................Tom
Sun 01/05/05 at 11:09
Regular
"Mozzy"
homosh rules.
Sun 01/05/05 at 10:32
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Thats cleared things up alot. Thanks for all this info.
Sun 01/05/05 at 04:40
Regular
"..."
What really happened was that Sony and Nintendo had agreed to make a 32-bit console, it was developed by both of them and they both paid for the researches, and it was supposed to be released in 1993, but when Nintendo decided to make a second version of the SNES, they lost a lot of money, so the project got scrapped, however Kin Kuturagi (the inventor of Playstation) covinced the head of Sony to make the console on their own. It was a risk because this was Sony's first experience with consoles, but they did it and released it in 1994 in Japan.
And actually I never felt that Nintendo was treated unjustly, I mean come on, they blew it twice, once when they decided to release a 2nd version of SNES, and once when they decided to use cartridge for N64, because this is how Final Fantasy departed to Playstation. I actually saw some screens of the cancelled N64 version of FF7. Also, if it wasn't for Sony there wouldn't have been Metal Gear Solid. After Hideo Kojima released Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in 1990 for MSX2, he decided to dump the Metal Gear project alltogether. But in 1995 Sony asked Kojima to make a new Metal Gear game for their new console, the Playstation. And that was it, FF7 came out in 1997, and MGS1 came out in 1998. Nintendo may be inventive and creative. They may naturally make better video game makers, but Sony knows how to do business.
Sat 30/04/05 at 21:26
"period drama"
You people know nothing.
It's the biggest ass-rape in gaming history.

tututututututut.
For shame.
Sat 30/04/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
[URL]http://www.scee.presscentre.com/content/detail.asp?newsareaID=19[/URL]

Round about paragraph 8 or 9 is the relevant stuff
Sat 30/04/05 at 20:51
Regular
I thought that was just one big rumour.

I'm sure Sony had something to do with Nintendo in developing a future project, but the Playstation didn't have much to do with the SNES or Nintendo at all, except the controller which was an exact replica with added grips and two extra buttons...
Sat 30/04/05 at 18:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It all sounds a bit made up to me. I think more people would know about it if it was true.
Sat 30/04/05 at 18:22
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
Never heard of a Super-Disk. I think Chris was lying. I have searched ALL search engines and nothing comes up. Chris young is a liar.
Sat 30/04/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Was he made fun of by all the cool kids because he was a geek?
Sat 30/04/05 at 17:42
Regular
"the whites are goin"
In school, we had to do a talk about something we were interested in, I did mine about the Hillsbourgh diasaster, and chris young did his about the history of play station. After hearing it, i feel sorry for nintendo.

Aparently in 1988, sony and nintendo joined forces to make a super disc console (now the ps1) Nintendo invented it but sont payed for the research to be done. when it had been desighned, sony conned nintendo to sign a legal document wich ses they wanted to give sont all the rights to the super disc. The two companies then parted ways.

A few years later, sony released the super disc but called it the psx! Nintendo get absolutely no money at all and they practically invented it! I think they shuld feel hard done by, no one should be able to feel good after buying a ps1 or a ps2 console. well im off to play fifa 2005 on my ps2, cya later ppl....................Tom

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.