GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your first defining movie moment."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/02/04 at 09:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Or, when you first thought "This lark is great, I want some more of this!"

For me, it was when (I've probably mentioned this before) my father let me watch "Alien" straight after a pirated copy of "ET" (1982'ish?). I must have been eight or nine, and it blew me away. John Hurt thrashing around whilst *something* breaks open his rib cage? A bloke in a suit that is actually *frightning*?. It was a new experience for me, and it opened my eyes to the fact that movies were not always warm, fuzzy, and feelgood, and the beast lurked in dark places.
Also gave me my love of surrealist art too, due to Gigers amazing designs.

The first "Star Wars" though, I have to love unconditionally for introducing me to the magic of the screen. No matter *what* Lucas is doing with them now.
Fri 13/02/04 at 09:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"you got fifty thousand on Double Dragon??"
Fri 13/02/04 at 03:28
Regular
You've seen reservoir dogs 3?
:)
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:11
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I didn't really have a good defining young childhood film, but when I saw Reservoir Dogs 3 years ago that completely got me into films. Still my favourite movie.
Thu 12/02/04 at 13:35
Regular
Either Star Wars or James Bond.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> I remember waking up early one morning and watching a horror film with
> my Dad, about dolls that come to life in a haunted house. He asked
> me to go in the kitchen and get something for him, but I couldn't
> because I was too scared! I was only about 8 or 9.

Puppetmaster? I think I rmember that. If it's what I'm thinking, it was quite funny, and I was quite young then
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I remember waking up early one morning and watching a horror film with my Dad, about dolls that come to life in a haunted house. He asked me to go in the kitchen and get something for him, but I couldn't because I was too scared! I was only about 8 or 9.

That, and when the Titanic docks in Ghostbusters 2 - that was excellent at the cinema!

Not my earliest memories, but all I can think of right now.
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Quality film. (IT)

"They all FLOAT down here"

Brrrrrrr. clowns are creepy enough to start with, but a clown of such scenery chewing proportions as Tim Curry? Scary.
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:56
Regular
It's a while since I saw it, but doesn't he get dragged in and eaten?

Maybe that's something else...
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:53
Regular
"All about the Beats"
"No No No my Boat!!!"

He ends up with one arm.

Quality film. (IT)
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:47
Regular
God I don't know really. I've loved and appreciated movies for longer than I can remember.

I suppose the earliest and most graphic scene I can remember was in IT, with the kid and the storm drain. Special effects-wise? Star Wars, without a doubt. Fantastic for their time, still great now and still going!

There's probably more defining moments, but I can't really remember (so maybe they're not so defining!).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.