GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sleep Paralysis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Have you ever had sleep paralysis?

I have it all the time. When i get home from school i watch tv and slowly fall to sleep, and its at that stage where i get sleep paralysis.
I can think and see but i cant move. Its actually quite a horrible experience... Especially when your 10 year old brother moons you whilst he thinks you are sleeping and you cant move to stop him

Oooh its horrible, who else has it? or has had it before.
Wed 11/02/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Have you ever had sleep paralysis?

I have it all the time. When i get home from school i watch tv and slowly fall to sleep, and its at that stage where i get sleep paralysis.
I can think and see but i cant move. Its actually quite a horrible experience... Especially when your 10 year old brother moons you whilst he thinks you are sleeping and you cant move to stop him

Oooh its horrible, who else has it? or has had it before.
Wed 11/02/04 at 13:58
Regular
sounds worrying
Wed 11/02/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Selected"
maybe your mommy tucked you in too tight
Wed 11/02/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Have you never had that???

Where you are not quite asleep and not quite awake.
Wed 11/02/04 at 14:54
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Never had it but certainly heard of it. In the victorian times (and earlier) it was blamed on (if I remember rightly) demonic creatures called succubi. Yes I'm full of useless weird trivia.
Wed 11/02/04 at 15:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Just be thankful you don't get sleep paralysis coupled with the 'old hag syndrome': a ghostly old witch lurching over you and you can't move. I know someone who experiences this twin-horror on a regular basis.

What often happens when sleep paralysis strikes is the sufferer believes he/she is not alone: a presence is often reported. With children it is usually the shadow of the bogeyman or the soft light of angels - either worst nightmare or a comforting apparition.

So they tell me.
Wed 11/02/04 at 15:16
Regular
Never had it myself, but I've heard you get that feeling of true fear in bad cases.

I've felt that myself a few times; in oen dream I quite simply looked in the mirror, then my own face slowly moved into focus, grinning, and I soiled myself. God I must a scary, twisted looking git for that to happen.

Tis fun, though, nothign better than a bit fo good old fear.
Wed 11/02/04 at 15:18
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
ha ha ha your brother mooned you and there was nothing you can do about it! thats so funny, i want to have this Sleep Paralysis, how can you do it?
Wed 11/02/04 at 16:20
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Maybe you just get completely wasted and can't remember anything, that'd explain the exposure of the ten year old's ass in your face.
Wed 11/02/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
How to do it. There are 2 ways in which it happens to me:

If you are really tired, watch the TV, (I am usually watching ready steady cook) but make it something you want to see the end of.
This way you will try to stay awake. But if you lie down you cant help but drop off.
But as you are trying to watch the TV you keep yourself partially awake and this is where it starts to happen.
Your chest will feel heavy because your breathing rate will drop and you will feel achey, because you heart rate will also drop. And there it is. You cant move, even if you try you just wont have the power to move.

When you go to bed, put some music on (earphones are needed) then just wait till you fall to sleep, (this sometimes doesnt work) you will then gain consiousness again to try and turn your music off, but you wont be able to move.
This one doesnt last as long because of you really wanting to turn your music off because it seems really annoying when you are trying to sleep.

Try it, but try not to think about it or you wont be able to do it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.