GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I saw Franz Ferdinand today"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
In Virgin Megastore in Glasgow

It was cool, they were leaving and I got in the singers way... I said sorry and he said alright.

My claim to fame wooo
Tue 10/02/04 at 22:52
I saw Franz Ferdinand as well.

And someone I know got bannd for life from that Virgin for being a retard.
Tue 10/02/04 at 22:49
"I love yo... lamp."
AliBoy wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What villages?
>
> Well Glasgow Uni got rated 5 star for Computer Science which I'm
> guessing is one of the things you would be interested in. It has
> another 20 international excellents as well for that matter.
>
> I do that course at Strathclyde. Decided on Strathclyde over Glasgow
> as the honours degree course was better than the one at Glasgow.

They all say that... It is debatable but Glasgow is edging it at the moment on research ratings and graduate employment. I had a friend who did computer science at Strath when I did mine at Glasgow. We used to argue about which was better. A 10 storey union or 2 unions and a postgrad club?

Strathclyde has always had first year labs that battery chickens would be appalled of though. And no air con (well unless things have changed).
>
> Was in Glasgow today. Got some cd's with my voucher. La la la

Anything interesting? And are you by any chance a drunken amanda? They are the only people I know of who go la la la.
Tue 10/02/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me too
Tue 10/02/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What villages?
>
> Well Glasgow Uni got rated 5 star for Computer Science which I'm
> guessing is one of the things you would be interested in. It has
> another 20 international excellents as well for that matter.

I do that course at Strathclyde. Decided on Strathclyde over Glasgow as the honours degree course was better than the one at Glasgow.

Was in Glasgow today. Got some cd's with my voucher. La la la
Tue 10/02/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like McCormacks

Bought a new chord book there today
Tue 10/02/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hm, I'll remember that place, I love little shops like that...

Doubt I could really do an actual music course, I only really took up guitar seriously about 18 months ago, never took music at GCSE and have little practical experience, although I do enjoy doing the tech stuffs - Head of sound for all events now.

I have no idea where I want to go after uni, but I've always loved languages and communication, so it tends to be foreign studies type courses that appeal to me, but iwht nothing firm in mind for anything beyond that. Mild panic when the head of 6th form starts assembly with "By now you hopefully all know what course you're looking for in university"..
Tue 10/02/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Glasgow is cool

And has got cooler since I started Uni
Tue 10/02/04 at 12:21
Regular
"relocated"
fiƒi[oV] wrote:
> Mainly looking at
> courses in Edinburgh at the moment, but nothing firm decided yet at
> all.

Edinburgh Uni is full of posh twits. The courses are pretty good but some of the people are just awful: riding up to lectures on their ponies, wearing pashminas and gilets, going 'yah yah yah' into their mobiles at top volume IN THE F*ING LIBRARY, etc etc.

Glasgow is a better city too.
Tue 10/02/04 at 02:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I went off computers just before I started my degree. But it was a bit late, I had accepted the place by then. So I started it and hoped for the best.

I had two inspirational lecturers and I was in love with them all over again. After 4 years, and boring lecturers toward the end, it began to get a bit boring so rather than just apply for regular jobs at the age of 20, in search of adrenalin I went off to fly planes instead. Makes perfect sense...

It is difficult to know what you want to do when you are 17 or so. I don't know about BAs in Minstrelling, but there is the RSAMD and other places like that, that do full time courses in music if you were interested in taking that up full time. Or there are things like Music Technology or sound and video engineering. There are loads of things.

Next time you are up in Glasgow you should check out a place called Seven Notes in the Savoy Centre. That is the wee in shops type place on Sauchiehall Street. The guy in there is an old shredder. One of the last times I went in he had his old Kramer Barreta (or Pacer, I can't remember which) 1984 version... it was lovely.
Tue 10/02/04 at 02:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Ah right, a good non-partisan view :D I just don't feel like it interests me enough...I've gone off computers completely, all my time and money tends to go in to travel and music now. Suppose I could look at becoming a Minstrel, given the state of courses at uni nowadays somewhere must do a BA Mistrel..rey option.

I've not taking any sciences or maths at the moment, so I think it might come as a bit of a shock to be to just back in to think; hardly even following PC hardware developments at the moment. Still, as I said, not ruling anything out yet, need to have a wander around a few places really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.