GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK explain to me all you footie fans please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Right I was playinf football today, and the ball was knocked to their goalie who picked it up ok. He then transfered it to his left hand and was holding it ONLY WITH ONE HAND. I, who had been on the florr behind him after being tripped got up, saw the goalie only had it in one hand and kicked the ball out of his hand. I didn't touch him at all, just the ball, the ball fell to my feet and I tapped it in.

No goal. Why was it no goal? I'm sure if they only have one hand on it then your allowed to dipossess them.

Anyone care to explain please as it has left me baffled all day.
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Right I was playinf football today, and the ball was knocked to their goalie who picked it up ok. He then transfered it to his left hand and was holding it ONLY WITH ONE HAND. I, who had been on the florr behind him after being tripped got up, saw the goalie only had it in one hand and kicked the ball out of his hand. I didn't touch him at all, just the ball, the ball fell to my feet and I tapped it in.

No goal. Why was it no goal? I'm sure if they only have one hand on it then your allowed to dipossess them.

Anyone care to explain please as it has left me baffled all day.
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It depends on how high he had the ball. You can get penalised for a high boot.
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
He was resting the ball on his waist with one hand. :-S
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The keeper has to have the ball in two hands to be safe.

If the keeper has the ball in one hand then your free to knock it out his hand and score.

I think your only allowed to kick the ball out his hand if he is on the floor. If he is standing up I'd advise you to head it out his hands, otherwise you could be done for high feet and dangerous play if studs are showing.
Sun 08/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Meh, we woulda won if that had been allowed. The ref just kept going 'can't can't can't' when I approached him to ask why it was disallowed.

Oh well what do you expect when he's their manager?
Sun 08/02/04 at 20:08
Regular
"heh"
Littlest Brother wrote:
> Oh well what do you expect when he's their manager?

There's your answer.
Mon 09/02/04 at 16:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Foreman wrote:
> If the keeper has the ball in one hand then your free to knock it out
> his hand and score.

Nah, technically, you can't do it.

Ryan Giggs tried against someone two years ago. The keeper had it in one hand, and Giggs was behind him having fallen out of play or something. He headed the ball out of the keeper's one hand, and tapped it in. Yey the ref disallowed it and booked Giggs.

There.
Mon 09/02/04 at 16:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, technically, you can. That was a stupid word.

But officially, it's not allowed.
Mon 09/02/04 at 16:53
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I also remember Malcolm Christie doing it against Man Utd a few years ago.

Barthezz was on the floor, and dived for the ball; he'd only just put both hands on the ball (very loosely), and Christie tapped it through his hands and in to the net. The ref dissallowed it.

Even Fergie admitted that the goal should have stood.
Mon 09/02/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Notable"
Littlest Brother wrote:
"I, who had been on the floar behind him after being tripped"

Haha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.