GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK explain to me all you footie fans please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Right I was playinf football today, and the ball was knocked to their goalie who picked it up ok. He then transfered it to his left hand and was holding it ONLY WITH ONE HAND. I, who had been on the florr behind him after being tripped got up, saw the goalie only had it in one hand and kicked the ball out of his hand. I didn't touch him at all, just the ball, the ball fell to my feet and I tapped it in.

No goal. Why was it no goal? I'm sure if they only have one hand on it then your allowed to dipossess them.

Anyone care to explain please as it has left me baffled all day.
Thu 12/02/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
No, offside is no factor at all in this...
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:07
"Sony/PS2/Best"
If the goalie has the ball in one hand, get it off him. But you are technically offside...
Tue 10/02/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
English_Bloke wrote:
> You can however push to goalkeeper into the goal while he's holding
> the ball. GOAL!!!

Even if it injures him, as was illustrated in an FA Cup Final in the 1950s.
Tue 10/02/04 at 10:49
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Did Dion Dublin not knock it out of a keepers hands (well hand) a few
> years back and score with the goal standing?

Nah, the keeper (given) dropped the ball on the floor without knowing Dublin was behind him!
Mon 09/02/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You can however push to goalkeeper into the goal while he's holding the ball. GOAL!!!
Mon 09/02/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Nope you can't do that, unless the ball is touching the ground.

Obviously if the ball is on his waist he must have picked it up with both his hands in the first place, once he has done that you can't kick the ball out of his 'Hand'

Sorry but the ref was correct on this occaision (gasp)
Mon 09/02/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think so. It does happen every now and then. I think Gerrard and Zola have both done it in the past few years as well.
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Did Dion Dublin not knock it out of a keepers hands (well hand) a few years back and score with the goal standing?
Mon 09/02/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can't see why this was not a goal, aside from the fact the referee might have thought your fall was a dive. However, the goalkeeper had been holding the ball up relatively high, the goal may have been disallowed due to a dangerous high kick. Some referees are cowards like that because they think that they'll be in the crap if you injure someone.

A few years back, at a Man City- Sheffield Wednesday game, Kevin Pressman had the ball in one hand, preparing to take a dropkick. One of City's players (possibly Hinchcliffe, who was playing for them back then) headed it out of his hand, and whacked it in. Perfectly allowed.
Mon 09/02/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
punk :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.