GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Game] Resistance: Fall of Man - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resistance: Fall of Man'.
Tue 15/09/09 at 19:16
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game is an 18+ (I am younger) but has it stopped anyone before..... no.

The story: The game is set in 1951, with the United States Army Ranges and Sgt. Nathan Hale, aswell as a 5000 force behind them,they set out to retrieve a secret weapon. The British say they it can be used against the Chimera (pronounced Cam-air-a) and to save the rest of the world. Yet, the forced is rapidly annihilated by an Chimera attack. The whole army is infected with the Chimera virus soon after landing. Hale, (main character) the only survivor, emerges that he's infected despite not going into the coma. He sustains just some of the Chimera's known symptoms such as; irises turning yellowy/ gold, increased strength, limited regeneration and an elevated metabolism.

The graphics are outstanding with acute textures. Though most of the time you are just plowing your way through and don't have time to take it itno detail. Just stop for one moment and look around. It just looks very realistic from the ruins to the floating debris.

Sound..... it's amazing! it's asif you are there yourself! You can even hear the background noises such as machine guns and agonising screams. The music doesn't swamp the game, at times it is hardly noticeable which kinda makes the effect creepy asif there is something lurking around the corner. On the other hand, the music pierces your heart nearly giving you a heart attack when a Chimera warrior jumps out on you.... mostly from a blind spot you haven't noticed.

There are a variety of weapons to use. These are unique. as you prgress through the game you get bigger and better guns from laser guns to armour piercing weapons to missle launchers.

Throughout the game comes certain points which means you get to drive vehicles like tanks and spider machines (which can be seized)

You can unlock skill points. You are not told how to get these but are given you hints. These skill points unlock rewards such as new skins and artwork.

This game can play up to 4 players offline in a split screen or co-operative. You can go head to head and become the last man standing or destroy each otehr for points. Plus, there is death match which.

The disadvantages are that there are no bots on multiplayer mode (shame). It's similar to other FFPSs.

Overall 9/10
Fri 18/09/09 at 14:31
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Lol apology accepted SonicChris.... and Pete you must have super sonic hearing
Thu 17/09/09 at 22:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
pete_21 wrote:

Sure I heard her mention shes a girl Chris ! :D

Just noticed what I wrote,I must have good hearing !!!! :)
Thu 17/09/09 at 21:03
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****

My bad, deepest apologies ;S It's just on freeola, the atmostphere is one of blokes, and girl is an unspoken word. Don't got me wrong, i love girls! Welcome to the forum! xP

Incase you can't tell, i'm slightly deranged- you'll get used to it
Thu 17/09/09 at 18:24
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
What do you mean i wona Gad... i won?

Edit: OMG I WON!!!!!! thanks and yes i'm a girl
Thu 17/09/09 at 17:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:

Congrats on the GAD win man ;)

Sure I heard her mention shes a girl Chris ! :D

Anyway,well done on the win,some nice reviews there :)
Thu 17/09/09 at 17:10
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've been replaced as the newbie reviewer now ;( Oh well, will have to pull out something awesome, and regain my reviewing crown xD Congrats on the GAD win man ;)
Tue 15/09/09 at 19:16
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game is an 18+ (I am younger) but has it stopped anyone before..... no.

The story: The game is set in 1951, with the United States Army Ranges and Sgt. Nathan Hale, aswell as a 5000 force behind them,they set out to retrieve a secret weapon. The British say they it can be used against the Chimera (pronounced Cam-air-a) and to save the rest of the world. Yet, the forced is rapidly annihilated by an Chimera attack. The whole army is infected with the Chimera virus soon after landing. Hale, (main character) the only survivor, emerges that he's infected despite not going into the coma. He sustains just some of the Chimera's known symptoms such as; irises turning yellowy/ gold, increased strength, limited regeneration and an elevated metabolism.

The graphics are outstanding with acute textures. Though most of the time you are just plowing your way through and don't have time to take it itno detail. Just stop for one moment and look around. It just looks very realistic from the ruins to the floating debris.

Sound..... it's amazing! it's asif you are there yourself! You can even hear the background noises such as machine guns and agonising screams. The music doesn't swamp the game, at times it is hardly noticeable which kinda makes the effect creepy asif there is something lurking around the corner. On the other hand, the music pierces your heart nearly giving you a heart attack when a Chimera warrior jumps out on you.... mostly from a blind spot you haven't noticed.

There are a variety of weapons to use. These are unique. as you prgress through the game you get bigger and better guns from laser guns to armour piercing weapons to missle launchers.

Throughout the game comes certain points which means you get to drive vehicles like tanks and spider machines (which can be seized)

You can unlock skill points. You are not told how to get these but are given you hints. These skill points unlock rewards such as new skins and artwork.

This game can play up to 4 players offline in a split screen or co-operative. You can go head to head and become the last man standing or destroy each otehr for points. Plus, there is death match which.

The disadvantages are that there are no bots on multiplayer mode (shame). It's similar to other FFPSs.

Overall 9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.