GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wolfenstein PC"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wolfenstein'.
Sun 13/09/09 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A viable and working description of a console driven cheat system for Wolfenstein PC:

To activate the console within Wolfenstein for Vista users (should also work for XP):

If you are running Vista in Classic mode, find the following exe file:

"C:Program Files (x86)ActivisionWolfensteinSPWolf2.exe"

Right-click and create a desktop shortcut.

Right-click on your newly created desktop icon and select properties.

To the end of the Target line add +set com_allowconsole 1 and click apply.

The Target line within the shortcut should now read:

"C:Program Files (x86ActivisionWolfensteinSPWolf2.exe" +set com_allowconsole 1

Run the game.

When in game ie game loaded and running, press Right ALT + Left ALT + ~ ( here, the key directly below ESC) to show the console then type the following codes for the desired effect:

giveallintel: All Intel
givepowers: Give All Veil Powers
giveallpowerupgrades: Gives All Power Upgrades
givegold: Gives desired amount of money
god: God Mode
notarget: Ignored by enemies
momoney: Sets total Money to $31,337
giveachievements: Unlocks Achievements
giveobjectives: Unlocks Objectives

This does work :-)
Tue 15/09/09 at 07:35
Regular
I haven't played Wolfenstein yet...probably wont get it til its in the £4.99 PC range due to priority changes with me money, however I will get round to it at some point.

On one of the points raised below though, I don't see why games should always add something new, as long as they're enjoyable.

Doom 2 was fantastic, but didn't do anything different to Doom.

Command & Conquer Red Alert was brilliant, but was almost identical to Comment & Conquer.

Majora's Mask on N64 was practically the same game engine as Ocarina of Time, but was significantly different to play.

As long as developers make a top quality game, it doesn't bother me if it does something new or not. (as long as enough developers progress with technology anyway)
Mon 14/09/09 at 20:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And how right you are p21... but the forthcoming games that you mention will still lack that 'something' as you rightly state. My point is that this shouldn't be the case ... developers are guilty of sanctioning the same old line because it sells games. Personally, I still feel the original COD series to be far superior to the latest offerings. OK, graphically they are superb, but storyline-wise..rubbish.

We shall never know Pete..ours is to pay and play :-)
Sun 13/09/09 at 22:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:
Wasn't against it .... glad you enjoyed it ... but games should
be remembered, have a part in history... not just bought it, played it, next one please, stick another 'clone' in the console
:-)

Although as already mentioned,I did enjoy playing through Wolfenstein,at the same time I do actually agree with you there DL.That's exactly what the gaming industry has evolved into these days.I suppose I consider playing through a game as being a bit like watching a lightweight film.Enjoyable while its on,but ask me what happened in it in a few months time and I won't have a clue.Look at the Guitar Hero/Rock Band franchises,they release the same games with slightly altered graphics and new songs and we all still buy it ?.Most of the big games which we are all waiting for (Modern Warfare 2,Tekken 6,Forza Motorsport 3,Assasins Creed 2 FIFA,Pro Evo etc.) are all rehashes of what we have already played.I doubt any of them will be massively different to their predecessors yet most of us will love them.................for a bit,before selling/trading and moving onto the next one.
Sun 13/09/09 at 22:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Wasn't against it .... glad you enjoyed it ... but games should be remembered, have a part in history... not just bought it, played it, next one please, stick another 'clone' in the console :-)
Sun 13/09/09 at 21:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
I liked it DL,but suppose I am from the 'console generation' ?.I was expecting Call Of Duty with mad supernatural weapons and Nazi Zombies and that was pretty much what I got.If you were expecting anything more can understand why you might be a tad underwhelmed by it though.It was pure old school 'run and gun' stuff,nothing more.Never played the old ones so can't really compare but I really enjoyed it TBH.It did exactly what it said on the tin for me !.

Just listed this in the bargain thread for anyone interested.The PC version of Wolfenstein is £17.95 in this weeks Zavvi Mega Monday Sale.Price will be valid for next day or so (or until it sells out).

Wolfenstein PC Version £17.95 @ Zavvi

Hope this helps someone.
Sun 13/09/09 at 20:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Nice post DL,
>
> I'm sure it will be very useful to anyone who has the game on
> the PC.
>
> I recently played through this on the 360 and really enjoyed
> it.Not only did I not have any such handy cheats to help me out
> but that version was plagued with problems (autosave constantly
> fails,multiplayer initially didn't work).Single player campaign
> was great fun though,can't beat a bit of supernaturally enhanced
> Nazi zombie mayhem ! :)

Hi Pete ... not sure about MP and I know that patch 1.1 is out now, but the 'console' activation posted should still work.

Not quite sure about this 'version' of Wolfenstein. Playing at the moment, but just feels so 'consoleeee' ... if you know what I mean. Doesn't help this feeling, when the accompanying guide book describes an Xbox controller first before keyboard controls. Game is entertaining, 'guns' are good and do benefit from 'upgrades' .... but, and excuse me for this, it is just not PC as it was!

Posted the 'console activation' only because I always fiddle with a new game before I start and those 'cheats' posted on the web contained the usual incorrect assumptions - most game engines work the same, no matter what game they drive, you just have to work out which way they are going:-) Vista, in Classic mode, is no different system-wise to XP, so to instruct someone to find a file and then to re-name it, is not the way to go. The post was a way of saying...'if you want to activate the console, as we did a few years ago, then this is how to do it and this is what you can do with it ... if you see what I mean .... :-)
Sun 13/09/09 at 19:42
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nice post DL,

I'm sure it will be very useful to anyone who has the game on the PC.

I recently played through this on the 360 and really enjoyed it.Not only did I not have any such handy cheats to help me out but that version was plagued with problems (autosave constantly fails,multiplayer initially didn't work).Single player campaign was great fun though,can't beat a bit of supernaturally enhanced Nazi zombie mayhem ! :)
Sun 13/09/09 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A viable and working description of a console driven cheat system for Wolfenstein PC:

To activate the console within Wolfenstein for Vista users (should also work for XP):

If you are running Vista in Classic mode, find the following exe file:

"C:Program Files (x86)ActivisionWolfensteinSPWolf2.exe"

Right-click and create a desktop shortcut.

Right-click on your newly created desktop icon and select properties.

To the end of the Target line add +set com_allowconsole 1 and click apply.

The Target line within the shortcut should now read:

"C:Program Files (x86ActivisionWolfensteinSPWolf2.exe" +set com_allowconsole 1

Run the game.

When in game ie game loaded and running, press Right ALT + Left ALT + ~ ( here, the key directly below ESC) to show the console then type the following codes for the desired effect:

giveallintel: All Intel
givepowers: Give All Veil Powers
giveallpowerupgrades: Gives All Power Upgrades
givegold: Gives desired amount of money
god: God Mode
notarget: Ignored by enemies
momoney: Sets total Money to $31,337
giveachievements: Unlocks Achievements
giveobjectives: Unlocks Objectives

This does work :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.