GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Smoking will never be banned..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 21:03
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Most people think smoking isn't banned because of the tax the Government gets from smoking. This is true, as the tax gained outweighs the NHS cost of treating people with smoking diseases.
But I propose another and possibly more pertinent theory of while smoking isn't banned. The Government needs people to die. The country is already in millions of debt due to pensions so it has cut or stopped many but why stop smoking that kills many people, not only gaining money in taxes but killing off people so they are not viable for pensions.
Also, the inheritance tax then gets the Governement more money as when people die, a ridiculous amount of money is forced from the bereaved family and shoved into the Government's hands. This logic can then be stretched to other areas like the downgrading of cannabis, the non-banning of alcochol, even as far as obesity problems. Death generates money for the Government, which is why certain things will never be banned and why the Government are so keen on keeping obesity levels high and smoking legal.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:03
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Most people think smoking isn't banned because of the tax the Government gets from smoking. This is true, as the tax gained outweighs the NHS cost of treating people with smoking diseases.
But I propose another and possibly more pertinent theory of while smoking isn't banned. The Government needs people to die. The country is already in millions of debt due to pensions so it has cut or stopped many but why stop smoking that kills many people, not only gaining money in taxes but killing off people so they are not viable for pensions.
Also, the inheritance tax then gets the Governement more money as when people die, a ridiculous amount of money is forced from the bereaved family and shoved into the Government's hands. This logic can then be stretched to other areas like the downgrading of cannabis, the non-banning of alcochol, even as far as obesity problems. Death generates money for the Government, which is why certain things will never be banned and why the Government are so keen on keeping obesity levels high and smoking legal.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
the govenment has a age problem -

the average age is increasing, and therefore, there are less workers supposrting more pensioners. pensions are becomning less valuable, and pensioners need work. jobs now go to over 60's instead of there 20 year old counterparts, becuasee the older won't need sick days after a weekend party, or need maternity leave, or anything like that. and this means the younger generation don't get the jobs. they can't support the pentioners, and the circle goes on.

as we get older, the country infrastructure doesn't. we need a solution, but maybe your conspiricy theory is slightly far out
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I like that theory. Very well thought through.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:45
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I actually thought of it myself as well. I'm so proud. Waits for someone to tear the theory apart.
Thu 05/02/04 at 21:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Back to reality, Mulder - this isn't Soylent Green.
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:09
Regular
So you could say that you none smokers should be thanking us who smoke - we're making your lives more bearable and less crowded.

HA HA HA HA HEH .. COUGH .... HACK .... URGH
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Back to reality, Mulder - this isn't Soylent Green.

lol, wouldn't that make you Scully Snuggers?
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:19
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Back to reality, Mulder - this isn't Soylent Green.

Yet.
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:27
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
nearly there tho

has anybody read 1984
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> nearly there tho
>
> has anybody read 1984

EVERYBODY should read 1984. Without question.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.