GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Sun 13/09/09 at 14:04
Regular
Ah! Who doesn't love RPGs, and if you love RPGs or are a fan of the Elder Scrolls series or the Fallout franchise it'll most likely be love at first sight with Oblivion. I had never played any other Bethesda games so it was truely new to me, trying not to spoil anything you start off in the Imperial Dungeons after you make your character from various races like the fishy Argonians or the cat-like Khajitts. you must then traverse through the underground subterrane built under the prison until then a certain someone dies and you then have to make your way through the rat and goblin infested sewers until you finally make your way to nice non-smelly solid ground.

If you're not a fan of RPGs then i would strongly recommend not getting this game, however it's a matter of debate since this was the game that got me playing RPGs. This is a role playing game to the core with beautiful graphics a balance of weapons and spell and what would and RPG be without the odd highwayman here and there. however like all games it does have it's problems like small thing that get annoying like you forget how you have a wieght limit so you can't pick up to much stuff or face being OVER-ENCUMBERED. And with most RPGs it suffers from frame rate problems in some places or when some battles are going on. this game would appeal more to hardcore gamers, but if you think it's to hard you can adjust the difficulty in the options menu. With a fairly middle lenght story-line it's best to play a few side quests after each mission to get your level up by sleeping afterwards. And good look in those oblivion gates, they look all the same on the inside and are kinda boring after doing two or three but you can't really stay mad at this game for long, so if you want to be the captain of battlehorn castle leader of the blades or a highwayman this game has to be a 9.5/10
Thu 29/07/10 at 03:19
Regular
"THE HALOANATOR :D"
oblivion and fallout 3 are equally good any1 agree?
Wed 28/07/10 at 01:24
Regular
"bad work is dum"
ya oblivion is the mades game i have played for a year fallout 3 was Fing mad to what do you like about oblivion now?
Sun 13/09/09 at 14:04
Regular
Ah! Who doesn't love RPGs, and if you love RPGs or are a fan of the Elder Scrolls series or the Fallout franchise it'll most likely be love at first sight with Oblivion. I had never played any other Bethesda games so it was truely new to me, trying not to spoil anything you start off in the Imperial Dungeons after you make your character from various races like the fishy Argonians or the cat-like Khajitts. you must then traverse through the underground subterrane built under the prison until then a certain someone dies and you then have to make your way through the rat and goblin infested sewers until you finally make your way to nice non-smelly solid ground.

If you're not a fan of RPGs then i would strongly recommend not getting this game, however it's a matter of debate since this was the game that got me playing RPGs. This is a role playing game to the core with beautiful graphics a balance of weapons and spell and what would and RPG be without the odd highwayman here and there. however like all games it does have it's problems like small thing that get annoying like you forget how you have a wieght limit so you can't pick up to much stuff or face being OVER-ENCUMBERED. And with most RPGs it suffers from frame rate problems in some places or when some battles are going on. this game would appeal more to hardcore gamers, but if you think it's to hard you can adjust the difficulty in the options menu. With a fairly middle lenght story-line it's best to play a few side quests after each mission to get your level up by sleeping afterwards. And good look in those oblivion gates, they look all the same on the inside and are kinda boring after doing two or three but you can't really stay mad at this game for long, so if you want to be the captain of battlehorn castle leader of the blades or a highwayman this game has to be a 9.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.