GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"linux"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
anybody here know how to program linux, or how to learn how to. i can program in a few languages, and i dunno how 2 do this 1. which would be handy cos i can aquire a linux operating unit.
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
anybody here know how to program linux, or how to learn how to. i can program in a few languages, and i dunno how 2 do this 1. which would be handy cos i can aquire a linux operating unit.
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:46
Linux ain't a language sweetheart
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
exactly, shows how little i know - all i know is that i can get this old linux thing, and that apparntly you can make online games (text based) on it, and i wanna know how - anybody, what the hell is linux
Thu 05/02/04 at 22:08
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It's an operating system. Go through what you've said and replace the word 'linux' with 'windows'. That's how much sense you're making.

To be a bit more helpful, you don't 'program Linux' and there's nothing that Linux can intrinsically do that Windows can't (nothing you're looking for anyway). So I'd stick to making browser games using software on Windows.
Fri 06/02/04 at 08:14
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
right, thanks. i got less than accurate info of the guy selling the dam thing - probly wanted a sale
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:44
Regular
Selling?

Linux is free mate.
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
where from and how?
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> where from and how?

You can download the distribution from the internet and then burn it to a cd. There are quite a few distributions you can choose from, but im not well read on Linux so i cant really go into the pros and cons of each.
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:55
Regular
Can you run Linux on a dual-boot setup with XP?
Fri 06/02/04 at 12:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Can you run Linux on a dual-boot setup with XP?

I believe so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.