GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Samsung monitor question."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/02/04 at 23:56
"I love yo... lamp."
Mainly for Adrian.

What is the USB port on the back of the monitor for?

And another one, I leave the PC on a lot, but turn the monitor off. When I turn it back on, it shows up a port graphic with the word D-SUB. Why?

It all seems to work ok, just slightly irritating.
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
tigamilla wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Well thats what it says in the Samsung manual. To quote the manual
>
> "MouScreen is a software program that controls the condition of
> the monitor via the USB communications. You can control the
> condition
> only by the mouse"
>
>
> Hmm... sounds like a classic example of a REALLY bad eastern
> technical translation into half arsed english...

Maybe. Don't know what the USB connector does as I have no need to use this MouScreen stuff or the stuff AMD_MAN said it probably does.
Thu 05/02/04 at 03:52
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
adrian wrote:
> Well thats what it says in the Samsung manual. To quote the manual
>
> "MouScreen is a software program that controls the condition of
> the monitor via the USB communications. You can control the condition
> only by the mouse"
>

Hmm... sounds like a classic example of a REALLY bad eastern technical translation into half arsed english...
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> not heard of it controlling the options though?

Well thats what it says in the Samsung manual. To quote the manual

"MouScreen is a software program that controls the condition of the monitor via the USB communications. You can control the condition only by the mouse"

Gives a bit more detail etc, but it seems to control things via the mouse. Don't know what it can control as I havent bothered with it.
Tue 03/02/04 at 20:19
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i have a samsung monitor...
no lying...
set the power things to change then it won't go off will it??
mointor turn off = never
Tue 03/02/04 at 20:06
Regular
Most monitors with USB ports on are either as a second USB hub for your system or if it is the b type then it is for an external usb hub, not heard of it controlling the options though? also the D-Sub thingy is probably only telling you that you are using the D-Sub on your video card to send signal, the D-Sub is the name of the Video card graphics out port.

Colin
Tue 03/02/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont use the USB port, but I think its main reason is to control the monitor from the mouse. I think you can use the roller on the mouse to adjust the monitor settings and resolution etc. Never bothered installing it or plugging it in. The manual should have details of what its used for in particular.

Don't know about the second one. I too leave the PC on for the day as I am always on the net etc. So I do turn the monitor off, but have never ever seen this. Maybe look through the manual and see what you can find out.
Mon 02/02/04 at 23:56
"I love yo... lamp."
Mainly for Adrian.

What is the USB port on the back of the monitor for?

And another one, I leave the PC on a lot, but turn the monitor off. When I turn it back on, it shows up a port graphic with the word D-SUB. Why?

It all seems to work ok, just slightly irritating.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.