GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tips for a First performance....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/02/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Tomorrow, me and my mates are taking part in a musical concert, rock band wise, at their school. Anyway, I just wondered if any guys here had done this before and see if there was any tips I could steal off them!

By the way, I'm there at 9am tomorrow and the show isn't until 7pm :o
Fri 06/02/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
well despite you having already done it(check the date)i would say timing is hugely important,its no good playing something if its at the wrong speed or ir isnt in time with everyon else.
i would hope that you havent decided to perform before you are ready to,if thats the case it will hugely undermime your confidence if it goes badly.
how did it go then?
Fri 06/02/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Colourless"
a tad on the 'en retard' side methinks.
Fri 06/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Play stuff your audience aren't expecting. Tom Morello-style scratching always goes down well, so does using weird effects like phaser and flanger for a riff. harmonizers sound great in solos, and if by chance you have a whammy pedal USE IT!!!!also dont forget what your floyd-rose trem is there for, divebombs are always impressive to non-musical people, as is palm muting powerchord with lots of reverb. In terms of being prepared take double the amount of gear you need, stuff always goes wrong. 9v batteries for stomp-boxes WILL run out resulting in an extremely embarrasing silence, plectrums WILL be dropped mid-solo, and the batteries for EMG pickups WILL go flat in the middle of a song. just be well prepared and dont stand still!!
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
We wore wigs
We moved a lot
We kicked monkey butt
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
If you forget how to play your instrument then just pretend you're not supposed to be playing and start doing air guitar. Oh yes.
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:42
Regular
Punch people in the face and projectile vomit over the crowd.
Tue 03/02/04 at 19:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Manda?are wrote:
> Tomorrow, me and my mates are taking part in a musical concert, rock
> band wise, at their school. Anyway, I just wondered if any guys here
> had done this before and see if there was any tips I could steal off
> them!

Walk in front of the singer and do a solo.

TRUST ME.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:55
Regular
smash the place up and abuse your audience
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah move about a bit. Don't just all stand there looking at the floor. And you need at least a couple of you with long hair. If you don't have that already it's probably a bit late to grow it in time for tommorow, so wear wigs or something.
And those funny wing things attatched the vocalists arm's always go down well.
Tue 03/02/04 at 18:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I dunno. Jump around a lot or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.