GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City'.
Thu 10/09/09 at 19:27
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Animal Crossing was first released for Nintendo 64 on April 14, 2001. Yet this was not a success so they did not release the game outside of Japan. So later that year it was then released on Nintendo Gamecube in Japan on the 14 December, it was also released outside of Japan the following year.

In 2008 December 5, Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City was released on the Nintendo Wii.

You begin the game with a little house with one small room, an upstairs bedroom, a candle and a cardboard box. (It actually begins with the option to import your from the Ds - if you have it) The basic plot is that you wonder around the village slowly repaying your mortgage and making friends with animals who have little houses also. You can also design your own clothes and your own house. Plus you can create your own constellations at night.

Plus, you get to take part in activities that help run the village. These activites vary from fishing, fossil finding, letter writing and many more. You can sell what you find to Tom Nook who is a racoon or you can go to the museum with your finds and they will identify it and display it. Catching the bus to the city is a way to travel around.

The game also works in real time so throughout the seasons changing in the year and the different holidays, the game will change with it.

A new feature is available which is the Wii speak. This picks up everyones voices in the room.

The graphics are the best. If they added more pixels then it would ruin the game and would become a polished version of the gamecube.

However, this game is not for everyone as some of my friends think what is the point to it as they like games with levels and fighting. Yet what they don't realise is that there is always something to do and that you can return any time you want as your town will always be there.

The disadvantages are that if you haven't played the game in a while (a few days) then your house becomes overrun with coakroaches. This takes quite along time to clear up. Also, if you have decided not to save the game properly then a mole will give you a lecture for 10 MINUTES about the importance of saving your game properly!! Unlike most people when i want to finish playing a game then i have something i need to do. This does not help.

Overall an 8.5/10
Fri 18/09/09 at 19:22
Regular
Hi,
I've got my own few comments about Animal Crossing Let's Go to the City for Wii.
It looked really good on the front cover but when me and my brother started playing it, it wasn't as good as I expected but it's still got loads of the same classic gameplay.I wanted the city to be a lot bigger, but it's better then nothing with all the furnishing shops and a barber's. The only REALLY BAD building is the theatre. The guy with the red hair wastes 800 of your coins to watch a not very appealing show. Well at least you get a emotion. Sigh.
Fri 11/09/09 at 18:30
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Why thankyou..... a friend hated the game so he gave it to me for free! such generosity so.... i'm gonna buy him a game that he wants.... or win one lmao doubt it but worth trying hey.
Fri 11/09/09 at 14:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
A decent review. Nice to see you contributing too :D
Thu 10/09/09 at 19:27
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Animal Crossing was first released for Nintendo 64 on April 14, 2001. Yet this was not a success so they did not release the game outside of Japan. So later that year it was then released on Nintendo Gamecube in Japan on the 14 December, it was also released outside of Japan the following year.

In 2008 December 5, Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City was released on the Nintendo Wii.

You begin the game with a little house with one small room, an upstairs bedroom, a candle and a cardboard box. (It actually begins with the option to import your from the Ds - if you have it) The basic plot is that you wonder around the village slowly repaying your mortgage and making friends with animals who have little houses also. You can also design your own clothes and your own house. Plus you can create your own constellations at night.

Plus, you get to take part in activities that help run the village. These activites vary from fishing, fossil finding, letter writing and many more. You can sell what you find to Tom Nook who is a racoon or you can go to the museum with your finds and they will identify it and display it. Catching the bus to the city is a way to travel around.

The game also works in real time so throughout the seasons changing in the year and the different holidays, the game will change with it.

A new feature is available which is the Wii speak. This picks up everyones voices in the room.

The graphics are the best. If they added more pixels then it would ruin the game and would become a polished version of the gamecube.

However, this game is not for everyone as some of my friends think what is the point to it as they like games with levels and fighting. Yet what they don't realise is that there is always something to do and that you can return any time you want as your town will always be there.

The disadvantages are that if you haven't played the game in a while (a few days) then your house becomes overrun with coakroaches. This takes quite along time to clear up. Also, if you have decided not to save the game properly then a mole will give you a lecture for 10 MINUTES about the importance of saving your game properly!! Unlike most people when i want to finish playing a game then i have something i need to do. This does not help.

Overall an 8.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.