GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hidden and Harmless."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/03/01 at 19:03
Regular
I am sure that many people on the Playstation 2 forum have bought the game ZOE (Zone of the Enders). As I'm sure everyone is aware, it comes with a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

There have been numerous topics discussing the demo, and most of them revolve around the subject of removing guards from your path. I have spent more time using ZOE than the MGS demo, but during my time using the demo, I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to put guards to sleep, and then go to lockers and hide them there. Today though was a little different, and has left me more impressed with the game than ever.

On the second level of the crew`s quarters aboard the ship, I used a tranquilizer dart to put the single guard to sleep. I then dragged him round to the lockers, and placed him inside one. This is no different to normal, until I decided to see what would happen if I allowed him to gradually awake. The level of snoring, and the number of "z"s gradually decreased until only a solitary z was appearing. At this point I was sure the guard would soon awaken. After a short wait, I gave up and moved towards the locker...

As I approached, I decided to try and wake the guard by kicking the lockers. However, in doing so the doors to the lockers fell off their hinges and clanged to the floor, shortly followed by the guard stumbling out, gradually waking up. The timing involved seemed ridiculous, but was so funny that it took me a few seconds to realise that as the guard came back to full awareness, he was beginning to realise I posed a threat.

Once he recognised me he sounded the alarm, and called a large number of guards to back him up. I shot the first guard, and dragged him to a locker that still had a door. I then put myself in another locker.

The guards entered the room, and the leader began issuing instructions to the rest of his squad, causing them to begin methodically searching the area. They soon noticed the blood trail, and followed it as far as the locker containing the guard. With one soldier covering the another, they opened the locker and the first guard slumped out. The soldiers who had discovered him were stunned, and again began the alert. They then looked around a little more, but did not find me. Shortly afterwards, they continued on to other levels, leaving me behind, staring at the poster inside my locker.

Now, I have to say that at the end of all that I was amazed, and I mean really amazed. Never before had I seen anything like that, it was incredible.

When I looked up and re-read this topic, I noticed that if you don`t read the first two paragraphs, then the later parts could be a real life story. I was so impressed by the realism of the game that I decided to write this topic.
Thu 29/03/01 at 19:03
Regular
I am sure that many people on the Playstation 2 forum have bought the game ZOE (Zone of the Enders). As I'm sure everyone is aware, it comes with a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

There have been numerous topics discussing the demo, and most of them revolve around the subject of removing guards from your path. I have spent more time using ZOE than the MGS demo, but during my time using the demo, I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to put guards to sleep, and then go to lockers and hide them there. Today though was a little different, and has left me more impressed with the game than ever.

On the second level of the crew`s quarters aboard the ship, I used a tranquilizer dart to put the single guard to sleep. I then dragged him round to the lockers, and placed him inside one. This is no different to normal, until I decided to see what would happen if I allowed him to gradually awake. The level of snoring, and the number of "z"s gradually decreased until only a solitary z was appearing. At this point I was sure the guard would soon awaken. After a short wait, I gave up and moved towards the locker...

As I approached, I decided to try and wake the guard by kicking the lockers. However, in doing so the doors to the lockers fell off their hinges and clanged to the floor, shortly followed by the guard stumbling out, gradually waking up. The timing involved seemed ridiculous, but was so funny that it took me a few seconds to realise that as the guard came back to full awareness, he was beginning to realise I posed a threat.

Once he recognised me he sounded the alarm, and called a large number of guards to back him up. I shot the first guard, and dragged him to a locker that still had a door. I then put myself in another locker.

The guards entered the room, and the leader began issuing instructions to the rest of his squad, causing them to begin methodically searching the area. They soon noticed the blood trail, and followed it as far as the locker containing the guard. With one soldier covering the another, they opened the locker and the first guard slumped out. The soldiers who had discovered him were stunned, and again began the alert. They then looked around a little more, but did not find me. Shortly afterwards, they continued on to other levels, leaving me behind, staring at the poster inside my locker.

Now, I have to say that at the end of all that I was amazed, and I mean really amazed. Never before had I seen anything like that, it was incredible.

When I looked up and re-read this topic, I noticed that if you don`t read the first two paragraphs, then the later parts could be a real life story. I was so impressed by the realism of the game that I decided to write this topic.
Thu 29/03/01 at 19:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I#m feelin it too man, I'm feelin it too.
Thu 29/03/01 at 19:49
oh not you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.