GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Widening Site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/09/09 at 09:40
Regular
Hmm mentioned in another post about making my sire a bit wider, question is how?

Regards
Hugh

Instant pro user
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk
Wed 09/09/09 at 17:49
"Are you sure?"
I've just tried sending a test message via my InstantPro site - and I found the message in my Junk Mail (Outlook 2003 filters).

Don't remember that happening before.

Perhaps the 'Contact from...' in the subject line that's being duplicated by all the InstantPro sites has triggered something in the SPAM world?

I've just added the reply to my 'safe senders' list and tried another test. This also went into my Junk folder!

Looking a bit deeper the actual email that's produced via the 'form' has a different (variable) name each time. So this time I added the 'domain' not the email address to the Safe Senders list - another test and the email turned up in my normal mail :¬)

So there's other tip for InstantPro users!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/09/09 at 14:05
Regular
>
> NB. I did use your email form to ask about 'cluster flies' as
> mentioned in your other post (hmmm@ email address) did you get
> that?

No I dont seem do have had it? try hughtradford [at] googlemail.com

Mod Edit: Edited you email address. It's not a good idea to post email addresses online as spam bots will/may pick them up.
Wed 09/09/09 at 10:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi Dograt,
My 'play' InstantPro site uses the side navigation (like Eccles mentioned) but here's another thing for you to try.

Some of the pages on my site www.hmmm.myfreeola.com are wider than others by using the 'skyscraper' option.

For example this page is wider than the home page above (too wide actually!) after I turned on a right-hand side 'skyscraper' to experiment with Google Ads.

I haven't tried this but it's worth a go as you can easily turn things off again. Why not try adding a skyscraper but fill it with some relevant content (i.e summer problems, or seasonal special offer, etc.) This should have the affect of widening your site without having to change the theme and navigation.

I had to enable a right-hand skyscraper on all my pages (some I've just left blank) as the design got shoved to the left on the pages with skyscrapers and not the one's without, which looked a bit strange. But you should be able to display a right-hand skyscraper on all your pages across your site if it looks ok.

Hope this makes sense.

NB. I did use your email form to ask about 'cluster flies' as mentioned in your other post (hmmm@ email address) did you get that?
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Wed 09/09/09 at 09:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Because the content area of InstantPro sites is of a fixed width the only way you can make your site wider is to switch on the side navigation and change your banner size to large using the site layout page.

There are ongoing discussions at the moment regarding sites like your that want to be wider but still not have the additional navigation. It's a tricky one to solve, explain to other users and to program so I'm not sure what will happen in the future about this.
Wed 09/09/09 at 09:40
Regular
Hmm mentioned in another post about making my sire a bit wider, question is how?

Regards
Hugh

Instant pro user
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.