GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Owe it to the PS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/07/00 at 19:13
Regular
All of the big companies speak of next-gen consoles, and appealing to a wide community (i.e 6 billion players- that worked?!) but the PS was the first console to appeal to all players. People dont want to be reminded that they are adults as thats the point of games. Games like conkers bad fur day try to be "adult" by adding the odd swear word and the "urinate on the enemy" button. It's more important to have fun and pull one on your mates than have the ability to have a slash on the baddies. The PS and its games were all about just having fun, and thats the way it should be. A urinating squirrel and shooting cops isn't fun for very long.
Tue 25/07/00 at 21:00
Regular
Playstation has pratically no fun games most are serious games. Like all the racing games there is little fun ina rally game or gran turismo they are just monotomous games like mario kart or F zero X are far more fun and have a competitive edge. Smash Bros is more fu than Tekken which is more serious and more experienced players have their charachter and the beginner does not stand a chance that isn't fun you can pick up an N64 game better and on the whole they are more fun.
Tue 25/07/00 at 19:46
Oh god no a sony fan boy who contradicts himself :)
Seriously though, the PS is not something you can call a pull ya mates round console, it only has 2 controller ports. You've obviously just read about one of the more mature games for the 64 and decided to criticise it, had you ever played a rare game such as Jet Force Gemin, Goldeneye or Perfect Dark you would know that they are more than capable of creating a mature atmosphere whilst keeping some pure fun.
Also are you trying to make the case that the PS makes gamers feel younger whilst it is the n64 which has been criticised for having too many cute games such as mario, banjo-kazzoie and donkey kong, even Zelda has been said to be too immature.
Play a rareware game and then tell me the PS games are all about fun, I think you'll be suprised with the high quality of gameplay.
Tue 25/07/00 at 19:13
All of the big companies speak of next-gen consoles, and appealing to a wide community (i.e 6 billion players- that worked?!) but the PS was the first console to appeal to all players. People dont want to be reminded that they are adults as thats the point of games. Games like conkers bad fur day try to be "adult" by adding the odd swear word and the "urinate on the enemy" button. It's more important to have fun and pull one on your mates than have the ability to have a slash on the baddies. The PS and its games were all about just having fun, and thats the way it should be. A urinating squirrel and shooting cops isn't fun for very long.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.