GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please help...script for mail, still scratching head!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 23:37
Regular
Please help...

Ive designed a site, and decided to get the domain through Getdotted... Its nearing completion, but I dont seem to be able to get this simple thing to work!

Im utterly bored with the simple 'mailto' tag, and ive had a couple of problems due to browser config, so im trying to figure out how to send info to the server, and it gets delivered to an address.

I know this is really simple, its just that ive never done it before, and was wondering if someone would look down on a bit of a newbie when it comes to server stuff;)

It's a Flash 5 movie, but I know how to send the info from the movie, format the info etc etc... its the server side stuff thats got me scratching my head?!?

Does Freeola have scripts that do this kinda thing on the server just sitting there to be linked to?? I kinda thought that was the way it worked with the simple stuff like this? I realise that you can get loads of scripts off the net for doing some pretty amazing stuff, and I know you can host your own scripts... is this what I going to have to do?? Ive checked out the pages freeola.com/support/freeola_cgi & freeola_php. Ive got all the info about the paths to send the info to, and Ive got my mailbox numbers assigned...

Please help... I really want to get this working by the time the site is finished, which is going to be pretty soon;)

There is still the full HTML entrance to be done, and remember to download the flash 5 plug-in, check out the beta at www.grovesphoto.com Please get it right as my mate came across grovephotos the other day, not quite such a pretty site I hope you'll agree!
Thu 16/08/12 at 18:06
Regular
I just read your message.
I agree that if you do not follow what is asked for then yes, you should not be awarded any points. But also if it asks for say...4 fruit scones, and it does not specify that they all have to be the same fruit, you should be able to enter 4 fruit scones in 4 different fruits if you want and not be penalised for it.
I took the cake dimensions to mean a cake not exceeding 9" in length. It shouldn't matter what shape it is as long as it is no bigger.
Mon 05/09/11 at 16:23
Regular
Hi,

Could you please explain why your specific requirements are not followed, ie if you say in your pro gramme an 9 inch cake decorated, then surely any cake that is not 9 inches should be disqualified and not marked, also if 4 scones are asked for then surely any plate that doesn't have 4 scones on it should be disqualified and not marked, as a competitor who followed the rules feels quite dismayed by putting in the correct requirements yet the cake that won was not a 9 inch cake.
Tue 08/09/09 at 13:40
Regular
It was a great turnout and thanks to all those that helped or took part. If anyone has any sugestions for next year then please let me know.
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:22
OK - here's what you do:

1) Give each of you form elements names (if you haven't already) To do this, select a field from the keyframe in Flash and type a name in the "Variable" box in the Text Options dialog. Do this with each field, using different and simple names for each.

2) Make a submit button. To do this all you have to do is make a normal button in flash, saying something like "Send Form". Then give the button the following actions:

on (release) {
getURL ("../cgi-bin/contact.pl", "_self", "POST");
}

3) Contact me at [email protected] so that I can make a CGI script for you (for free!) which will retreive the form data and convert it into an e-mail which will be sent to you at whatever address you want.

Sorry if this was a bit brief, if you're still having trouble with the feedback form let me know and I'll be able to help. This is a quick and easy process and I will be able to send you the script pretty much as soon as I hear from you.

Adam

PS: I took a look at both your site and the grovephotos.com site and I have to say there's no contest!
Wed 28/03/01 at 23:37
Please help...

Ive designed a site, and decided to get the domain through Getdotted... Its nearing completion, but I dont seem to be able to get this simple thing to work!

Im utterly bored with the simple 'mailto' tag, and ive had a couple of problems due to browser config, so im trying to figure out how to send info to the server, and it gets delivered to an address.

I know this is really simple, its just that ive never done it before, and was wondering if someone would look down on a bit of a newbie when it comes to server stuff;)

It's a Flash 5 movie, but I know how to send the info from the movie, format the info etc etc... its the server side stuff thats got me scratching my head?!?

Does Freeola have scripts that do this kinda thing on the server just sitting there to be linked to?? I kinda thought that was the way it worked with the simple stuff like this? I realise that you can get loads of scripts off the net for doing some pretty amazing stuff, and I know you can host your own scripts... is this what I going to have to do?? Ive checked out the pages freeola.com/support/freeola_cgi & freeola_php. Ive got all the info about the paths to send the info to, and Ive got my mailbox numbers assigned...

Please help... I really want to get this working by the time the site is finished, which is going to be pretty soon;)

There is still the full HTML entrance to be done, and remember to download the flash 5 plug-in, check out the beta at www.grovesphoto.com Please get it right as my mate came across grovephotos the other day, not quite such a pretty site I hope you'll agree!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.