GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No, no, NO!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/01/04 at 23:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
(In response to the title)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3445953.stm

I'm sick to the back teeth of all of these investigations and articles I see appearing in newspapers and on the internet. Sane minded indivuals who play videogames will not be morphed into serial killers if they drive over a few virtual people in Vice City.

In my opinion, the gaming industry is just a scapegoat for psychotics, and those surrounded by gun culture and a weirdo at every corner (Namely the "good ol' US of A"). Take the couple of sufficently retarded American spastics who recently sniped and shot up cars using their fathers gun. Now, what kind of responsible father would leave his rifle lying around so little Billy Bob can play around with it? And what kind of parents would allow their children to blame an industry when it is obviously their own fault? Irresponsible parents. Stupid parents. RETARDED parents. Therein is where the blame lies. It is not the game industries fault, but the family's fault - parents and children. People like to blame everyone but themselves. "It's violent games" "It's violent song lyrics" "It's the television".
Blaming the gaming industry for violence among people is like blaming alcoholic drinks companies for killing their costumers through car crashes. The bottle comes with common sense, and where that is lacking, a message. It's time the parents of violent minded youngsters woke up and realized - they share the blame with their children.
Mon 02/02/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
cookie monster wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> i got struck by lightning,its an a act of god so ill sue the church
>
> for gods sake! when are people going to start taking responsibility
> for their own actions?
>
> Well to be honest being struck by lightning isnt really anyones
> fault.

well actually in legal terms its called a act of god,the church represents god,god struck him with lightning,so he sued the church and he won.
i seem to remember it from somewhere.
Mon 02/02/04 at 15:59
Regular
pessimists are the happiest people alive : 90% of the time they are right, 10% of the time they are pleasantly surprised.
Mon 02/02/04 at 15:35
Regular
Think I've accidentally heard too much of the plot in reviews, so I probably won't bother.

I hate reviews. They make be kill stuff :^)

Fffttt. As for the video game issue? I guess they do have an influence - as does anything that desensitises people. But probably a bigger influence is the parents, the access to weapons (especially in the US, of course), and people just being pretty screwed up.

I've lost faith in humanity to be any better really. You're never disappointed when you're a total pessemist :^)
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:06
Regular
"cachoo"
Icarus wrote:
> What's it all about?

High school shootings.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> fault.
>
> It won't be long before a claims agency can 'prove' the contrary.

yeah, the same ones that sell "alien abduction" insurance... :)
Mon 02/02/04 at 04:33
What's it all about?
Mon 02/02/04 at 04:26
Regular
"cachoo"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I want to see elephant, when is it out?

If it's not already out near you, it should've been 30th January.
Mon 02/02/04 at 00:21
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> fault.

It won't be long before a claims agency can 'prove' the contrary.
Mon 02/02/04 at 00:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Flockhart wrote:
> i got struck by lightning,its an a act of god so ill sue the church

> for gods sake! when are people going to start taking responsibility
> for their own actions?

Well to be honest being struck by lightning isnt really anyones fault.
Sun 01/02/04 at 23:11
Regular
I want to see elephant, when is it out?

We seem to live in a world where people aren't responsible for their own actions. People are rewarded for idiocy, killers are exonerated because they were beaten as a kid, mass murderers are declared insane and treated like a baby, simply because they show no regret for their crimes.

Children ARE impressionable, video games ARE the catalyst for a select few people to go out and kill people. This is also true for television and music. What is different from person to person is self restraint, some people simply choose not to exercise it and act like complete animals.

I've seen thousands of people be killed on television, millions of people have died by my hands in computer games, I have listened to lyrics indicating that killing people is a 'cool' thing to do. How many people have I killed in real life? Zero. How many people have I beaten up? Zero.

Blaming such industries is a soft option for those who refuse to realise the truth - that there are evil tendancies in us all, and some choose to act upon them, accepting no responsibility for their actions, simply to get some perverse form of attention. The exact catalyst for this behaviour is completely irrelevant, and will differ from person to person. Timothy McVeigh, the man who killed 180 people in the Oklahoma bombing, was acting out a story he read in 'The Turner Diaries', where a man bombed an FBI building in protest of gun control. What do we do next, ban books? The world is supposed to be maturing but sometimes it seems the exact opposite is true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.