GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Opt-Out emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/09/09 at 13:54
Regular
I've noticed that whenever I create a new domain email address and explicitly opt *out* of your emails, I always get one saying thankyou for choosing to receive our emails, please confirm your request.

Not much point in opting out if you're still going to receive an opt-in confirmation email - even though you just ignore it.

Opt-out means just that, from that point on.

Neil
Mon 07/09/09 at 15:27
Regular
You are correct in your assumption. As I don't confirm the email, I don't receive any further info emails.

Thanks for investigating.

N.
Mon 07/09/09 at 14:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Set up a few test accounts and it appears that the accounts that were set up choosing to opt out were sent the confirmation email anyway.

It is resolved now.
Mon 07/09/09 at 14:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I will quickly investigate this claim and get back with the results.

I assume if what you say is occurring then it is just a technical glitch sending the wrong opening email out, as you have not mentioned that you receive our updates or newsletter.
Mon 07/09/09 at 13:54
Regular
I've noticed that whenever I create a new domain email address and explicitly opt *out* of your emails, I always get one saying thankyou for choosing to receive our emails, please confirm your request.

Not much point in opting out if you're still going to receive an opt-in confirmation email - even though you just ignore it.

Opt-out means just that, from that point on.

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.