GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone have a Phobia?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/01/04 at 21:04
Regular
"??????"
Just out of interest. Also, I was wondering if anyone could help with a question i have - What is the fear of Tornadoes called? (In the Nintendo Forum I suggested Cycloniphobia). If anyone asks, I'll tell them why I have a fear of Tornadoes, Twisters, Waterspouts etc.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:04
Regular
"??????"
Just out of interest. Also, I was wondering if anyone could help with a question i have - What is the fear of Tornadoes called? (In the Nintendo Forum I suggested Cycloniphobia). If anyone asks, I'll tell them why I have a fear of Tornadoes, Twisters, Waterspouts etc.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:06
Regular
"??????"
I've just learned that said Phobia is called Lilapsophobia. Thanks Grandprix.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Notable"
This is old news. I did this ages ago.

http://www.indianchild.com/phobias.htm
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Im bloody scared of jellyfish

even the ones that dont sting
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:08
Regular
"??????"
Oh. Never knew about that site. Anyway, any other Phobias you know the names of? This is the only one I know:

Arachnophobia - Fear of Arachnids (eg. Spiders)
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:09
Regular
"??????"
I used to have a fear of Thunderstorms (B-something-phobia, I think)
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I hate whales. They are too big for their own good. They would easily swallow you whole and not realise.

ARGh, i hate them. Nuke them all.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:15
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I REALLY don't like Spiders but haven't got a phobia of them as I just squash them...ahem...I also don't like heights although I have done rock climbing and so on so it's not as if I'm paralysed with fear just my heart races and it gives me a buzz heh:D I would be scared crapless to go sky diving or bungee jumping but that's just all the more reason for me to go:D
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Notable"
H²O wrote:
> I hate whales. They are too big for their own good. They would easily
> swallow you whole and not realise.
>
> ARGh, i hate them. Nuke them all.

I know what you mean.

http://www.oceanlight.com/html/blue_whale.html

That wont change your appetite either. Seeing them underwater is so eerie.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:24
Regular
"??????"
In case anyone is wondering, this is why I have a fear of Cyclones (I don't mean the SR user called Cyclone ^_^)

I was on the annual "Long Distance Walk" with my school a while back (I was only 11). It was at least 25 degrees Celcius, and I had no sun-cream on. I was so hot and dehydrated I was hallucinating - the clouds looked pink and green, and the ground seemed to wobble. There was a very strong gust of wind - I was so weary I just thought nothing of it. Then, the sand started whipping up, and something veered toward me - I jumped aside as quickly as I could. I turned around...and there was a six-foot Dust Devil spinning behind me.

I looked back five seconds later...and I immediately ran in the opposite direction - the Dust Devil was now even bigger, and was lifting grass and paper up, whirling them around, and throwing them out. It died down a few seconds later. Even though it only lasted 20 seconds and it was small for a cyclone, it still scared the heck out of me.

Since then, I have ALWAYS hated anything that causes an uncontrollable cyclone - even in videogames, I just CANNOT go near Tornadoes (check the Nintendo Forum for more info). Some are alright, but ones which look like they're over 20 feet high and can suck you right up are VERY scary to me. For example, I was playing one game, sailing around in a boat, expecting a Tornado. I thought it would be a big, black spinnign cloud, so when the rain started and the winds picked up in the game, I braced myself. Then, a Tornado that looked like it was basically a continuous line appeared - I got out of there.

A few seconds later, it appeared to be gone. I sailed along, expecting the Tornado to come back on the right side of me. It wasn't there. I looked left - I was face-to-face with it, about 10 metres away, and I just turned the game off. Very frightening.

This may sound like a weird Phobia, but if anyone else has it, please say so...just so I know that I'm not alone. The onylt ime I go near a cyclone is when I make one in a bottle :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.