GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OPS2M"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 18:40
Regular
Has anyone got the new Official PS2 Mag yet? It was meant to be out today, and subscribers (me) should have got theirs a couple of days ago. If anyone has, have they moved to DVD yet? Perhaps that's why its late coming out!?
Wed 28/03/01 at 18:40
Has anyone got the new Official PS2 Mag yet? It was meant to be out today, and subscribers (me) should have got theirs a couple of days ago. If anyone has, have they moved to DVD yet? Perhaps that's why its late coming out!?
Wed 28/03/01 at 18:51
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
whats on the demo this month?
Wed 28/03/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
I had a look today, not in the newsagents. I dont subscribe but I have it on order, its usualy out a couple of days after its original date. Have no idea whats on the demo this month!!
Wed 28/03/01 at 19:27
"High polygon count"
I got my subscription copy! :-)

The disc contains...

Playable demos of:
ZOE and Dead or Alive 2

"Exclusive footage of the hits of tomorrow" (i.e. video) of:

MGS2
Starfighter
GT3
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Extermination
NBA Hoopz
Silpheed
G-Surfers
SCEE's new "Voyage of Emotion: Anger" video

Haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know exactly what that last one is!
Wed 28/03/01 at 19:28
"High polygon count"
Oh, and they've switched from CD-single style jewel cases to proper DVD cases.
Thu 29/03/01 at 09:06
Starfighter's a hit of tomorrow?? ;-) So we have more playable demos for games we may already own.

Thu 29/03/01 at 09:28
"High polygon count"
Yeah, it is a bit odd, but then they do prepare the mag at least a month in advance.

Personally, I've found OPS2M's discs disapopinting so far - with the single exception of the GT3 demo. Of course they can only put on the disc what the developers are willing to give them, so it's not strictly their fault.

I think they'd do better having a DVD-video like PSM2 and PSW, and maybe add an extra playable demo disc at times when they actually have something worth playing (at no extra cost of course). They could maybe leave the regular demo disc until the near future, when there's more around to put on it.
Thu 29/03/01 at 09:59
I thought the demo for NHL 2001 was good as well, but otherwise apart from GT3, it's been a bit poor. Like you say, they can only use what their given. So the problems can't really be put on their doorstep. But on the other hand, they are the official mag, and you'd think they could have done a lot better than they have so far. Maybe more video footage, or including some PS1 demos, or getting someone in to do a YaBASIC guide.

Mind you, how many reviews of ZOE and Starfighter were available (across the PS2 mags) before they were released? Luckily they're both great games.

Fri 30/03/01 at 10:33
Regular
"Complete Banker"
But have you all seen the FF movie trailer?

Stunning to say the least - is that the future of console graphics??
It certainly appears so - certainly not this generalion and maybe not the next but someday we'll all be playing Tekken 8 with in-game graphics like that!
Sun 01/04/01 at 10:27
Regular
Did anyone else notice in the Q&A section that OPS2M will have a playable demo if MGS2 around issue 10 or 11 (July or Aug) and will be different than the one that comes with ZOE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.