GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moving House"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/09/09 at 16:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
I did ask about this a while back (when I supposed to move),now I really am going.I am due to move in around 6 weeks.If I remember correctly I have to cancel my existing contract and then re-apply for a new connection,is this right ?.If so do I need to pay the BT connection fee again and if so would I get my first months connection for £9.99 ?.Presume I can keep email address/username settings etc. ?.Finally how long will I be offline for and how much notice do I need to give ?.Sorry to ask so many questions,just trying to get things sorted out.
Sun 13/09/09 at 12:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
Lol ! :)

That's great,thanks mate.

Afraid,your not getting rid of me that easily !.
Sun 13/09/09 at 11:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yes got it sitting in front of me.

I thought it was you when I got it, I was like " What have we done we done wrong?" But then remembered this post haha
Sun 13/09/09 at 11:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Guys,

Did you receive the fax I sent yesterday to end my current contract ?.I will apply for my a new connection as soon as my line has been switched.Thought I'd better check as our fax at work is a bit temperamental (think its only about the 3rd time its been used this year !).

Thanks.
Fri 04/09/09 at 18:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
We're keeping the same number as the house were moving to is only about 1/2 mile away from the one we're currently in.Thanks anyway mate.
Fri 04/09/09 at 18:03
Regular
I might be taking your post a bit too literally here Pete, so just ignore this if that's the case, but you don't need to cancel your current connection before you sign-up for your new one, not unless you're moving the same line number to your new place.

As soon as your phone line is sorted out in your new premises, you can sign-up for broadband, theoretically. I recommend signing up 7-10 days before you move into your property (or 7-10 days before you want to start using your connection), therefore it should be up and running by the time you move in.
Fri 04/09/09 at 17:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
That's great,thanks for the help guys.
Fri 04/09/09 at 17:25
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
pete_21 wrote:
> Thanks Warhunt,
>
> That's what I thought.Can I keep my Freeola email address and
> settings and how much notice do I need to give ?.

Of course you can keep your Freeola e-mail address :) As for notice, usually for line terminatation we require 30 days notice.
Fri 04/09/09 at 17:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks Warhunt,

That's what I thought.Can I keep my Freeola email address and settings and how much notice do I need to give ?.
Fri 04/09/09 at 16:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
All the general rules apply here pete.

You will need to cancel the connection as if you were ceasing (which is what you are doing in reality) on your current line.

From there it will be just like signing up a new connection from scratch (which in effect is exactly what you are doing, again). All the normal rules apply for your sign up, including the discounted first month and the activation charge.
Fri 04/09/09 at 16:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
I did ask about this a while back (when I supposed to move),now I really am going.I am due to move in around 6 weeks.If I remember correctly I have to cancel my existing contract and then re-apply for a new connection,is this right ?.If so do I need to pay the BT connection fee again and if so would I get my first months connection for £9.99 ?.Presume I can keep email address/username settings etc. ?.Finally how long will I be offline for and how much notice do I need to give ?.Sorry to ask so many questions,just trying to get things sorted out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.