GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Albania vs England Preview"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 11:38
Regular
Probable England Team:

Seaman
Neville (Gary)
Powell
Cambell
Ferdinand
McManaman
Scholes
Butt
Beckham
Cole (Andy)
Owen

Can we follow in the footsteps of the Under 21 team, that came away with a 0-1 win, or is it going to be another case of the away day blues for England?

Years ago nobody would question the result of this match. England would have won, and won handsomely. However, we've had too many manergerial changes in recent years and our team has not been settled. Albania are an improving nation. They're beaten Greece at home 2-0 in this group already, and were very unlucky not to get a draw in Germany at the weekend, beaten by a goal 2 minutes from time that looked offside!

So far Sven has played 2, won 2, and hopefully that record will show won 3 after today, but it certainly won't be easy.

Our defence showed that it still has some huge holes in it, so we'll have to be careful not to leave ourselves too thin at the back when attacking. I have noticed that in the last 2 games our defenders have been less likely to hammer the ball away, and have tried to play it forward instead. This should help us to keep possession a little better than we could under Keegan.

All eyes will be on Andy Cole up front. He received a lot of stick for his miss on Saturday, but other than that, he played well. If he has a poor performance tonight though, and England fail to win, surely Sven will have to look elsewhere for another striker. He can't afford to get the press and public against him this early in his career as England manager.

People forget that it was Cole that passed to Owen to score the equilizer on Saturday. With Owen in the team you've always got a chance. He seems to have gotten over his recent injury problems, and he's terrorising defenses again!

Plus points going into the match have to include Beckhams performance at the weekend. Reports that he was in poor form had been wildly over-exagerated, and no doubt he'll cause the Albanians a number of problems. Hopefully he'll have his shooting boots on again!

I think that McManaman needs to get into the game more than he did against Finland. I've never really been impressed with his England performances, but he definitely has the skill to run circles around the Albanians.

Gerrard played well against the Fins, hopefully Butt will be an adequate replacement, he's certainly improved all round over the last season.

Scholes has to be on top form tonight. In his short international career so far he's bagged a number of vital goals. He always seems to pop up at the right time for England. Just as long as he doesn't get sent off for one of those rash challenges of his. He's not a dirty player, he just cannot tackle without taking the man down!

It's one of those games in which the result means everything. A scrappy win will be better than a great performance in which we only manage a draw.

My guess is that we'll be that little bit too good for the Albanians, and we should leave with a 0-2 win.
Thu 03/09/09 at 09:23
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
1st Andy Mason 22lb 4oz

2nd Don Slaymaker 19lb 13oz

3rd Barry Woodcock 18lb 12oz
Wed 28/03/01 at 21:42
"Moderator"
ive got a slight feeling that England will win 3-1, hopefully Cole will Score, maybe at the end, in the last few minutes, i recon Owen should score the first and Scholes the second, this should all hopefully happen in the last 15 mins of the match, and then Albania should get maybe one or maybe two with one being off-side, then Cole would have his turn to score. So theres my prediction, that'll be a tenner from each person who replies to this message if they come true, and if it doesnt then ill be happy to pay ou tto you guys aswell.

'(.)'
Wed 28/03/01 at 18:38
I predict we will take the game straight to them and come off with a comfortable 3-0 win. I've got a feeling scholes is going to score a screamer tonight, I hope so.

Good preview Meka, I don't need to look @ t-text now, although I still will :).
Wed 28/03/01 at 11:38
Regular
"not dead"
Probable England Team:

Seaman
Neville (Gary)
Powell
Cambell
Ferdinand
McManaman
Scholes
Butt
Beckham
Cole (Andy)
Owen

Can we follow in the footsteps of the Under 21 team, that came away with a 0-1 win, or is it going to be another case of the away day blues for England?

Years ago nobody would question the result of this match. England would have won, and won handsomely. However, we've had too many manergerial changes in recent years and our team has not been settled. Albania are an improving nation. They're beaten Greece at home 2-0 in this group already, and were very unlucky not to get a draw in Germany at the weekend, beaten by a goal 2 minutes from time that looked offside!

So far Sven has played 2, won 2, and hopefully that record will show won 3 after today, but it certainly won't be easy.

Our defence showed that it still has some huge holes in it, so we'll have to be careful not to leave ourselves too thin at the back when attacking. I have noticed that in the last 2 games our defenders have been less likely to hammer the ball away, and have tried to play it forward instead. This should help us to keep possession a little better than we could under Keegan.

All eyes will be on Andy Cole up front. He received a lot of stick for his miss on Saturday, but other than that, he played well. If he has a poor performance tonight though, and England fail to win, surely Sven will have to look elsewhere for another striker. He can't afford to get the press and public against him this early in his career as England manager.

People forget that it was Cole that passed to Owen to score the equilizer on Saturday. With Owen in the team you've always got a chance. He seems to have gotten over his recent injury problems, and he's terrorising defenses again!

Plus points going into the match have to include Beckhams performance at the weekend. Reports that he was in poor form had been wildly over-exagerated, and no doubt he'll cause the Albanians a number of problems. Hopefully he'll have his shooting boots on again!

I think that McManaman needs to get into the game more than he did against Finland. I've never really been impressed with his England performances, but he definitely has the skill to run circles around the Albanians.

Gerrard played well against the Fins, hopefully Butt will be an adequate replacement, he's certainly improved all round over the last season.

Scholes has to be on top form tonight. In his short international career so far he's bagged a number of vital goals. He always seems to pop up at the right time for England. Just as long as he doesn't get sent off for one of those rash challenges of his. He's not a dirty player, he just cannot tackle without taking the man down!

It's one of those games in which the result means everything. A scrappy win will be better than a great performance in which we only manage a draw.

My guess is that we'll be that little bit too good for the Albanians, and we should leave with a 0-2 win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.