GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BrAiNtEaSeR"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/01/04 at 00:38
Regular
Just a brainteaser I got told ages ago. First time around it had me scratching my head for hours, I hope to do the same to you :P I may have posted it before, but here you go anyway :

3 old ladies go for lunch at a cafe. They all have the same meal, which costs 5 pounds each. At the end of the meal, they pay the waiter, by each giving him a 5 pound note, totalling 15 pounds. When the waiter gets to the cash register, the manager informs him that there is a special on - buy 2 meals get the 3rd free. The waiter is a shifty beggar and decides to exploit the situation. Of the 5 pounds change, he pockets 2 pounds, and then gives the ladies back a pound each, saying that he had overcharged them. So, the ladies have now all paid 4 pounds each. 3 x 4 = 12 pounds. The waiter pocketed 2 pounds. 12 + 2 = 14 pounds. So where has the other pound gone?
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:38
Regular
Just a brainteaser I got told ages ago. First time around it had me scratching my head for hours, I hope to do the same to you :P I may have posted it before, but here you go anyway :

3 old ladies go for lunch at a cafe. They all have the same meal, which costs 5 pounds each. At the end of the meal, they pay the waiter, by each giving him a 5 pound note, totalling 15 pounds. When the waiter gets to the cash register, the manager informs him that there is a special on - buy 2 meals get the 3rd free. The waiter is a shifty beggar and decides to exploit the situation. Of the 5 pounds change, he pockets 2 pounds, and then gives the ladies back a pound each, saying that he had overcharged them. So, the ladies have now all paid 4 pounds each. 3 x 4 = 12 pounds. The waiter pocketed 2 pounds. 12 + 2 = 14 pounds. So where has the other pound gone?
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:43
"I love yo... lamp."
Clever. I've got it, but I won't spoil it for others yet.
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I got it, too, but I have heard it before.
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
This was on the Terry and Gabby show a while back.

"Oh the joys of maths"

Some people come up with very odd answers for this. I have my thoughts on it but I'll let others have a go at it too.
Wed 28/01/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
He put it in the charity box to even up his theft so as he wont rot in hell!
Wed 28/01/04 at 10:34
Regular
POP.
Wed 28/01/04 at 10:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Since each lady got £1 back, they only paid £4 for the meal a piece which is £12. Then you add the £2 the waiter kept and you get £14 quid.

Simple misdirection. This has been used by conmen for years. :)
Wed 28/01/04 at 11:01
Regular
that's not answering the question though!
Wed 28/01/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> that's not answering the question though!

Where the extra pounds went? It never existed.
Wed 28/01/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> that's not answering the question though!

Where the extra pound went? It never existed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.