GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What browser are you using?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/11/06 at 10:05
Regular
I came across this last night. FireFox has really gained a lot of popularity over the years. I've never been a fan of IE, not because of Bill/Micro$oft but I dunno, just never really liked using it. Did use Netscape a lot until 6 (?) and it wasnt very stable.

I still have IE (actually I dont think Microsoft even let you uninstall IE :/) but I just use it for web design. I haven't installed the latest IE, I did on another machine and instantly I kinda wished I hadnt, so I'm reluctant to do it on this machine. They've included the tab feature which I think most people love using on FireFox but I don't think they were the first to introduce the feature. Was it Opera?

Well anyway just curious to know what you guys are using?
Mon 13/11/06 at 14:51
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Netscape at work mostly, IE at home. Don't actually do much surfing or downloading so as long as I can see and find what I need.....

Plus I'm too lazy to switch :D
Mon 13/11/06 at 13:20
Regular
"..."
IE at work, as don't have any choice.

FF at home.
Mon 13/11/06 at 11:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
> No Opera users or Netscape or Safari?

I use Safari.
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I haven't used IE in God knows how long, and it annoyed me when Windows Update kept pestering me about a mandatory update ... which was Internet Explorer 7. What the hell is so important about that?

So even though I still had Firefox 2 installed, it changed my program access defaults , which annoyed me because it meant the Firefox link at the top of my start menu changed to IE and I had to change it back.

I can't remember who it was who said that IE7 was a clomplete rip-off of Firefox. It isn't. And I think loads of people have said it's a rip-off. It isn't. It's very different, just with a lot of Firefox features. It's design and layout are just simply terrible though. So unnatural and just ... not right. for starters the menu bar should be at the top.

Now I'm back on FF though. True, you can't actually uninstall IE, but you can remove it's icon from the start menu. The good thing about that is that now, my Programs menu isn't pointlessly spanned over two columns just for one extra item, because I've got rid of it.
Sun 12/11/06 at 15:38
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Opera is my second favourite browser but 99% of the time, I'm using Firefox.

And IE is pretty much redundant, nobody should be using it IMO.
Sun 12/11/06 at 15:18
Regular
So just one or two using IE and the rest of you are using FireFox?

No Opera users or Netscape or Safari?
Mon 06/11/06 at 18:32
Regular
Wow! You worked out the humour. You are so clever.

(I'll stop now)
Mon 06/11/06 at 18:31
Regular
Sarcasm countering sarcasm - wonderful...
Mon 06/11/06 at 18:24
Regular
Hahahahahahaha, Oh... my.... god! Your wit is simply outstanding! Please teach me how to be as funny as you!
Mon 06/11/06 at 18:16
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> Well, it is hard to imply sarcasm solely using text.

Yes, incredibly hard.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.