GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sir Bill Gates is it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Anyone but that one"
So Bill Gates is to get a knighthood?I can tell some of you are splitting your sides open laughing, seriously though, despite what some of you may think about his evil schemes he HAS actually contributed a lot, even to charity, which will surprise a lot of you. So what exactly has he done for us?

Well for a start he revolutionised the world of computers and he revolutionised the world of gaming. Lets start with how he gave birth to PC’s as we know them.
He started by designing a graphical operating system called Windows which would replace the text base command interface we know as DOS. Windows, unlike DOS is able to do so much more than DOS and is much more user friendly. Windows also enabled the internet to develop at an incredible pace, which lead us to where we are currently. So now Bill Gates had conquered the world of PC’s it was time to move onto something different.

Not so long ago Bill Gates launched a games console which was capable of churning out graphics of unparalleled beauty, what console was this? None other than the rather large, *in Goldbmembers’ voice* very sensual Xbox *coughs* The Xbox is a revolutionary games console which has given birth to games like Halo, and the very noisy, very pretty Need for Speed underground. Although the Xbox console is admittedly a tad on the large side, it gave birth to the next generation of online gaming, well not quite, because you have to pay a hefty wad of cash in order to subscribe to Xbox live and there aren’t very many games which support Xbox Live at the moment, not very next gen is it? However, most of us have grown fond of the Xbox, even if we’re not all fans of Bill Gates. Bill’s next creation could change the way we live forever, it may even change the views of people who don’t like him that much.

Recently launched the Windows Media Centre is certainly an amazing piece of kit. It enables users to access the internet, watch TV, view their digital photos, play games and much much more. It uses a system similar to XP and can be operated just like a traditional pc or it can be operated via remote control. With prices starting at almost £2,000 greenbacks it’s rather expensive but in my view it’s definitely worth it. Windows Media Centre could change the way we live forever, if it is successful that is.

So where next for Bill? Who knows. In 20 or 30 years time if we manage to build a spacecraft which would take a crew into the depths of space, you could just imagine the engineers cursing Windows 2025 whenever the system malfunctions. Back down to earth now though, Bill Gates has contributed a lot more than you think to technology and will probably contribute a lot more. So I say Congrats Sir Bill Gates, here’s to the future.
Tue 27/01/04 at 23:00
Regular
Gets too much criticism. He has made mistakes, and he has been ruthless and sometimes unfair in business, but generally he's a straight up, successful and hard working man who deserves recognition.

Don't know about him "revolutionising" gaming though...
Tue 27/01/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Ju§t Tinkª wrote:
> How much does he give to charity? Does Anyone Know?
>
> I bet its a minute comparison to the actual money he posseses.

He gave $4bn or thereabouts to a charity he set up himself to help disadvantaged nerds at college. He deserves a knighthood, yes, but Tim Berners-Lee deserves commendation: Without him making the internet easy to use and commercial in 1991, we wouldn't be chatting here. Nowhere near Gates' status but still impressive. Plus he's British, making him more eligible for an honour.
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Notable"
How much does he give to charity? Does Anyone Know?

I bet its a minute comparison to the actual money he posseses.
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:02
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Skinzone Webmaster wrote:
> He started by designing a graphical operating system called Windows
> which would replace the text base command interface we know as DOS.
> Windows, unlike DOS is able to do so much more than DOS and is much
> more user friendly.

Im sorry but he didnt
He ran a competion and didnt give the guy who realy made it much (about £50)He stole that bit
Tue 27/01/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Anyone but that one"
lol, does he have one called Dogbert by any chance? :P
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:58
Regular
He has an apprentice called Darth Rupert
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:49
He dropped out of higher education to do so as well.
Tue 27/01/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Anyone but that one"
lol.
Tue 27/01/04 at 10:41
Regular
Me. My Mumsie said. :D
Tue 27/01/04 at 10:39
Regular
"Anyone but that one"
oooohhh, who's a smart guy then :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.