GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Download Festival 2004"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/04 at 00:34
Regular
The headlining acts for Download 2004 have been confirmed, Linkin Park return after their successful sell out tour to headline the first day at Donnington and the second day at Glasgow whilst Metallica are doing the second day at Donning and the first day at Glasgow.

These metal giants are set to launch what could possibly be the biggest festival of 2004. It all kicks off on Glasgow Green between June 2nd and 3rd whilst Donnington fans can see the festival between June 5-6th.

Motor Head are also confirmed, other rumoured acts include Korn, Slipknot and Audioslave (again).

Tickets go on sale tomorrow night at 10pm from the Download website.
Sat 31/01/04 at 11:44
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I hate it when someone starts insulting a band
> because THEY don't like them.
>
> Or when someone insults other games and consoles because they aren't
> from the company they're obsessed with?

I don't insult games that aren't made by Nintendo... I pity them.

He he I haven't launched an aggressive attack at other companies unless I genuinly have reason to believe they are a bad company...

Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Namco, EA, Nintendo, SEGA, Konami... good companies...

Acclaim, Eidios etc.... crud.
Sat 31/01/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Dringo wrote:
> Spunge is cheery SKA punk... I need some cheery music amongst the
> gloom.

Check out Lightyear. Another ska-punk band, and their live shows were legendary. Shame they've split up now.
Fri 30/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Dringo wrote:
> I hate it when someone starts insulting a band
> because THEY don't like them.

Or when someone insults other games and consoles because they aren't from the company they're obsessed with?

Oh sorry, I went a bit crazy there for a second.
Thu 29/01/04 at 11:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I hardly ever attack other musical tastes unless I'm in a jovial or angry mood, or such a flippant comparison is made that suggests Audioslave are worse than Linkin Park. Which is just plain idiocy, it can't actually be founded in truth. :D I personally can't stand dance or housey/Drum and bass type music for listening to personally, but some do, and fair play to them.

I generalised about hoodies, and I couldn't care less if people like Linkin Park (unless of course they spout out about how they are the bestest band ever, which I know Dringo has not). However, to literally waste time on them when there are bands that actually have a modicum of intelligence in their music is criminal.
Thu 29/01/04 at 10:17
Regular
Spunge is cheery SKA punk... I need some cheery music amongst the gloom.
Thu 29/01/04 at 01:08
"I love yo... lamp."
Dringo wrote:
Some good stuff with decent points until...

> Just as I like Spunge because I like their sound
> not because 20 or so people like them.

Then I lost all respect I ever had for him instantly!

I fancy going to this. I live in Glasgow so no problem getting there. Don't care about Slipknot or Machine Head, but Metallica, Linkin Park and Audioslave... oh yes.
Thu 29/01/04 at 00:47
Regular
Well I never said I liked Linkin Park although I do... their music is a tad samey... it does get boring after a while but at least it's good fun to hear, nicely thought out...

Audioslave bores me to tears.

I don't like Metallica either.

But I'm pretty mature in regards to music as in I like who I like and I don't care if you don't it's all a matter of taste... their is counter-arguments to my Audioslave bashing and counter-arguments to your Linkin Park bashing.

Yes Linkin Park fans are stereotypical hoody driven 12 year olds... but go to a concert and you'll find the odd cool dressed 20 something who is into their music...

My 31 year old boss who has children and would never be seen dead in a hoody is a big fan of Linkin Park... she also likes Girls Aloud... that's her taste... I hate it when someone starts insulting a band because THEY don't like them.

I like Linkin Park because I enjoy their sound, not because 10000 others like them.... Just as I like Spunge because I like their sound not because 20 or so people like them.

Which is why I'm heavily critical to those who throw bottles etc... at bands such as Good Charlotte and Limpbizkit.. I know they annoy you so ignore them don't ruin the concert for those that do like them by chanting them off stage.
Wed 28/01/04 at 17:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo wrote:
> Linkin park.... scream?
>
> I hate Audioslave, repetitive dull music.
>

Fine, 'screech' their patheticly generic drivel out across a sea of hoodies bearing their rubbish name on them.

To call Audioslave 'repetitive dull music' and like Linkin Park is to be totally immoral. Audioslave has Morello, the best guitarist around today, and Cornell's voice is just astounding. It's clever music. True, not as good as Rage or Soundgarden, respectively, but far better than infecot-rock-pop that Parky boys churn out, in their endless tormented lives of richness.
Wed 28/01/04 at 15:51
Regular
:cD But still, Motorhead have been touring lately, like I just said.

I want to go see Franz Ferdinand (tickets are dirt cheap) and I also want to go to V this year. I'm already planning on going to Reading.
Wed 28/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
Okay my bad, he meant Machine Head.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.