GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EITHER GO TO THE DC FORUM OR REPLY TO THIS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/07/00 at 01:14
Regular
It seems Sega people are getting excited:
Following Kappas list I wish to reinforce my list of forthcoming titles: (and predicted review ratings from ODM)
MSR - the game of the year - 10/10
JetSetRadio - most original game of the year - 9/10
Seaman and Mic - Wierdest game ever - 9/10
Samba de Amigo - DC UK already give it 9/10
Crazy Taxi 2 - 2player and 4 cities? 10/10
Virtua tennis - the game that stole the sales from sony - 9/10
Sonic Adventure 2 - better than the original, but way too hard - 9/10
Phantasy Star Online - ONLY online if we get a new modem 55K please Sega - 8or9/10
Sega GT - As good, if not better than gran Turismo 2, but - 8/10
NBA 2K1 - online Basketball - play against ANYONE in the world thanks to the new 56K modem that Sega brought out on November 21st 2000 - 9/10
Virtua Athlete 2K - Not as many events as T&F200 but the graphics are amazing - 9/10
ISS Pro Soccer 2001 - Konami bring out a football game for dreamcast, perfect in every way - 9or10/10
Sega Extreme Sports - Crazy sports sim but great 4 player bungie jumping - 8/10
Tomb Raider 5 - Arghhhhh! Not Lara again...What? Who's this? It seems Lara has been replaced by...by...Sleepy faced LENNOX LEWIS!!!! How did Eidos pull that one off? Shameful, gaming press now hate Eidos as this game only is bought buy women, but, it sells well. -8.5/10
Mr Driller? - What a name. Crazy puzzle game? 8/10
IntTrac&Field2000 - Absolutely breathtaking graphics - the DC version is on a par with the PS2 version, and so are DC sales! 9/10
Sydney 2000 - brought to you buy Eidos! Already the previous two athletic games are looking MUCH better than this one, and although this game holds the official Olympic Status- it is, not as good as the other two games - 7/10
Let's make a Pro Star Baseball team! - (yes - the actual title) Umm, let's not do that. Review? Nah - we won't get it because we don't wannit.
SILENT SCOPE - The most promising Spy-type game ever? yes. This game will ooxe prowess - 9/10
VIRTUA FIGHTER 4? - Will this ever see the light of day? Who knows, but Sega need their own fight 'em up to be remixed again. VF3 was ok, but nothing special. If it makes it,- 9/10
Aerowings 2 - this game is proof that the Console buying public is indeed divided up into market segments - this game is for the older generation - they like that sort of thing - probably. Improvement, but boring 7/10
Quake 3 Arena - If the new 55K/70K modem reaches us before this game then that'll be good. If not, don't buy this game. Without a good/fast enough modem we'll never play this game online unless you like 'one hour delay' times.9/10 with online play - 7/10 without.
Half Life - same as above, but better, obviously.
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 - Better graphics than ANYTHING you've EVER seen. this game will split Gran Turismo 2000's mufflers in two. 10/10 (if the Jap bugs are fixed of course)
Speed Devils 2 - great fun? 8/10
Chicken Run - Good film - Funny at times - but the game is tripe or, should I say utter Poultry. 4/10
The Grinch! Ahh! Not Jim Carey dressed up again? Wah? Hey he's not wearing any costume for this film! Great! (Jim really is a green, long fingered monster) I don't care anymore - 6or7/10 - I expect.
Age of Empires 2 - When the GOOD DC peripherals get to Europe i.e the mouse, new modem and colo(u)red controls and VMU's then this game will rock. If there's an online feature? Then this could do very well indeed. I reckon 9/10
Railroad Tycoon 2 - sounds far too exciting for Dreamcast doesn't it? Well I think.....zz.z.z.z.z. Oh yeah, sorry - about 7/10
DEAD OR ALIVE 2 - if your still reading this ridiculously long subject writing then you'll probably know that this awesome game hasn't been reviewed as yet. I know it'll be a 9 or 10. Either way it'll be at my house on Friday.

Well is that enough quality games to keep you satisfied?
I think that this summer will be a good one for Sega and for us the gamers - Believe me - Playstation2 may well have some advertising planned for it - so did Dreamcast when it first came out, but I know Dreamcast will do well with the afore mentioned games.
Anyone still reading? Good - you can stop now.
Wed 26/07/00 at 01:14
It seems Sega people are getting excited:
Following Kappas list I wish to reinforce my list of forthcoming titles: (and predicted review ratings from ODM)
MSR - the game of the year - 10/10
JetSetRadio - most original game of the year - 9/10
Seaman and Mic - Wierdest game ever - 9/10
Samba de Amigo - DC UK already give it 9/10
Crazy Taxi 2 - 2player and 4 cities? 10/10
Virtua tennis - the game that stole the sales from sony - 9/10
Sonic Adventure 2 - better than the original, but way too hard - 9/10
Phantasy Star Online - ONLY online if we get a new modem 55K please Sega - 8or9/10
Sega GT - As good, if not better than gran Turismo 2, but - 8/10
NBA 2K1 - online Basketball - play against ANYONE in the world thanks to the new 56K modem that Sega brought out on November 21st 2000 - 9/10
Virtua Athlete 2K - Not as many events as T&F200 but the graphics are amazing - 9/10
ISS Pro Soccer 2001 - Konami bring out a football game for dreamcast, perfect in every way - 9or10/10
Sega Extreme Sports - Crazy sports sim but great 4 player bungie jumping - 8/10
Tomb Raider 5 - Arghhhhh! Not Lara again...What? Who's this? It seems Lara has been replaced by...by...Sleepy faced LENNOX LEWIS!!!! How did Eidos pull that one off? Shameful, gaming press now hate Eidos as this game only is bought buy women, but, it sells well. -8.5/10
Mr Driller? - What a name. Crazy puzzle game? 8/10
IntTrac&Field2000 - Absolutely breathtaking graphics - the DC version is on a par with the PS2 version, and so are DC sales! 9/10
Sydney 2000 - brought to you buy Eidos! Already the previous two athletic games are looking MUCH better than this one, and although this game holds the official Olympic Status- it is, not as good as the other two games - 7/10
Let's make a Pro Star Baseball team! - (yes - the actual title) Umm, let's not do that. Review? Nah - we won't get it because we don't wannit.
SILENT SCOPE - The most promising Spy-type game ever? yes. This game will ooxe prowess - 9/10
VIRTUA FIGHTER 4? - Will this ever see the light of day? Who knows, but Sega need their own fight 'em up to be remixed again. VF3 was ok, but nothing special. If it makes it,- 9/10
Aerowings 2 - this game is proof that the Console buying public is indeed divided up into market segments - this game is for the older generation - they like that sort of thing - probably. Improvement, but boring 7/10
Quake 3 Arena - If the new 55K/70K modem reaches us before this game then that'll be good. If not, don't buy this game. Without a good/fast enough modem we'll never play this game online unless you like 'one hour delay' times.9/10 with online play - 7/10 without.
Half Life - same as above, but better, obviously.
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 - Better graphics than ANYTHING you've EVER seen. this game will split Gran Turismo 2000's mufflers in two. 10/10 (if the Jap bugs are fixed of course)
Speed Devils 2 - great fun? 8/10
Chicken Run - Good film - Funny at times - but the game is tripe or, should I say utter Poultry. 4/10
The Grinch! Ahh! Not Jim Carey dressed up again? Wah? Hey he's not wearing any costume for this film! Great! (Jim really is a green, long fingered monster) I don't care anymore - 6or7/10 - I expect.
Age of Empires 2 - When the GOOD DC peripherals get to Europe i.e the mouse, new modem and colo(u)red controls and VMU's then this game will rock. If there's an online feature? Then this could do very well indeed. I reckon 9/10
Railroad Tycoon 2 - sounds far too exciting for Dreamcast doesn't it? Well I think.....zz.z.z.z.z. Oh yeah, sorry - about 7/10
DEAD OR ALIVE 2 - if your still reading this ridiculously long subject writing then you'll probably know that this awesome game hasn't been reviewed as yet. I know it'll be a 9 or 10. Either way it'll be at my house on Friday.

Well is that enough quality games to keep you satisfied?
I think that this summer will be a good one for Sega and for us the gamers - Believe me - Playstation2 may well have some advertising planned for it - so did Dreamcast when it first came out, but I know Dreamcast will do well with the afore mentioned games.
Anyone still reading? Good - you can stop now.
Wed 26/07/00 at 12:03
Regular
This list is ridiculous and completely biased with the exception of chicken run everything is rated highly haven't you got better thing to do than write a biased list at quater past one in the morning.
Wed 26/07/00 at 18:48
No
Wed 26/07/00 at 18:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Firstly, I am a Sega fan, and would love to see all their games being amazing. But that list is too OTT, with titles gaining way too many marks for two reasons.

Firstly, how many of those titles have you actually played? None of them are out, and thus any mark on them is going to be off. Also, if you're going to use scores from mags, use a multi-format one that's unbiased. Try EDGE- easily the best mag on sale at the moment.

Secondly, no doubt some PS2 fanatic could come along and make a list of PS2 games that are going to be amazing too? Rather than just list games, why don't you write a balanced argument next time?

>Rav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.