GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Utterly Odd"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/01/04 at 15:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
I was playing Age Of Empires: Conquerers (not online) and midgame my computer just rebooted itself.

Now I didnt press the power button or anything like that - it just cut out for some reason totally unknown to me.

Strange huh?
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
I was playing Age Of Empires: Conquerers (not online) and midgame my computer just rebooted itself.

Now I didnt press the power button or anything like that - it just cut out for some reason totally unknown to me.

Strange huh?
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:38
Regular
"Notable"
I always get things like that happening when I play AOE.
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:38
Regular
That happens to me all the time when I play Championship Manager 4. It's caused much pain, deleted games and anger.
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
It happened with me once... except I wasnt playing a game or anything..
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:44
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
woooowwwww is that like a coincidence it happened in my dream last night ????? and then my computer wet my bed@!!!!!!
Sat 24/01/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
No, you wet your bed, you slack bladdered spastic.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
You running XP? From what I remember, rather than Blue Screen Of Deathing, it is set to reboot by default. So if an error occurs in the game that in the olden days of 98SE would have BSODed, instead you now get the super modern, very unhelpful reboot.

You can turn it off, though can't remember how off the top of my head. Or, it could be that you're overheating. Which is bad, though probably easy enough to solve.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dont think it is overheating - we have two beastly fans in. A processor fan and another chap.

It may be just coincidence but I only installed Conquerers Expansion today, and I think the game is a bit buggy.
Sat 24/01/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I get that with Halo all the time.

It just reboots randomly, it's usually a driver problem.
Sat 24/01/04 at 19:45
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Paradox: wrote:
> I was playing Age Of Empires: Conquerers (not online) and midgame my
> computer just rebooted itself.
>
> Now I didnt press the power button or anything like that - it just
> cut out for some reason totally unknown to me.
>
> Strange huh?

Nope. Its happened to me quite a few times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.