GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Captain Catering and the Potato People"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/01/04 at 04:04
Regular
This is Holbifa Island. Holbifa Island is divided into three parts.

The largest part is a mountain that sits in the very centre of the island, which is so high that it always snows at the peak.

The West of the mountain is covered in a dark and deep forest, which is full of strange and interesting creatures.

And to the East you will find Holbifa Island Amusement Park, home to two of the greatest superheroes who ever lived, working in secret as assistants in the Value Burger fast food outlet. They are, of course, Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey.

"Captain Catering?" The Mighty Monkey asked, sitting in the chair behind Captain Catering as they both sat tied up with bonds around their wrists.

"Yes, MM?"

"Remember the time when we set a sheep on fire and let it loose inside the cinema?"

"No, I don't."

"Oh."

The large bomb next to them, which looked like no more than a giant alarm clock, continued to tick.

"Do you know what we need, CC?"

"What's that MM?"

"A car." Replied the Monkey.

"Well why don't you build one?"

"Good idea."

Monkey tapped his feet on the metal floor.

"CC?" He asked again.

"Yes Monkey?"

"Where are we?"

"We've been captured and we're being held in a large floating station, ten miles about the surface of the planet. We're tied up next to a bomb and I'm not sure how to get out of it."

"But CC, why don't I just use my secret and only power?"

"And what's that?" Captain Catering replied.

"To increase my body temperature to dangerous levels."

"Tremendous Monkey! Your temperature will burn our bonds and set us free!"

The Mighty Monkey, now wearing a red fez, concentrated, and began to glow a deep red. The ropes around his wrists burst into flames and fell off.

"Incredible work my naked friend." Captain Catering said, while pulling the remaining rope from his wrists. "Now, to escape this blasted station!"

The Mighty Monkey had found a large red button on the wall.

"What's that, Monkey?" CC said, walking to where he stood.

The Monkey pressed the button, and a trapdoor opened beneath their feet, dropping them out of the station and into the open sky.

"Good work Monkey!" Captain Catering shouted above the sound of the wind. "Now, about this car Monkey, why don't we go and see that old ride that was closed down?"

"We could steal a car from the ride and drive it around!" The Monkey shouted back. "Maybe we can run down small children."

"Run over children and get from A to B, yes, a fine plan Monkey."

----

Rachel, or Trout as everyone calls her, is the supervisor of Value Burger. Everyone calls her Trout because she smells like one.

There's also Cheeky, the ventriloquist doll; The Girl With No Name, who never speaks; and Tim, who is always polite and cheerful. Everybody hates him.

"Where are those damn boys?" Trout says, in a deep Welsh accent. "They're always bloody late, I'm getting really fed up with them."

"I'm sure they've got a good excuse." Tim says. "They're such nice people, you shouldn't be so hard on..."

Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey fall through the roof of the building, collapsing part of the ceiling, which falls on a screaming Tim and is immedietely silenced.

"There you are!" Trout says. "Come on now guys, get to work."

"My word, I think I landed on Tim!" The Captain exclaimed.

"Is he dead?" Asked Monkey.

"mugghghgfhf."

"Seems not." Captain Catering stood up, and dusted himself down. The Mighty Monkey looked at the mumbling pile of rubble, and pushed a fridge over onto it.

Captain Catering looked out over the counter of the outlet, there were a few potato people walking around outside. "Look Monkey, potato people."

The Mighty Monkey watched, as potato people walked around aimlessly, bumping into each other. A small child with a balloon walked past a potato person, who ate the child in a single gulp.

"Now that we're back in Value Burger I suggest we leave immedietely so we can find a car, but first we'll have to get past Trout."

"Hmmm." The Mighty Monkey scratched his chin.

----

Trout looked up from her crossword, noticed a large pantomine horse walking out the back door, then returned to 1 across.

"Right, to the disused car ride!" Captain Catering said, taking off the head of the costume.

----

A few minutes later, after running, the fantastic pair arrived at the old track car ride.

"Hello there boyos." Said a voice.

"Why, it's Peg Leg Geoff the Pirate Chef." Said Captain Catering. "Why are you out of the Cantina, Geoff?"

"I got bored." He replied. "The staff don't get to eat until a few hours, I thought I'd go for a walk."

"Well we're looking for a car." Said CC. "We're hoping to turn it into our very own superhero vehicle."

"Oh, that's a good idea." Said Peg Leg Geoff the Pirate Chef. "Well there are loads of cars here. I remember when this was running, all the cars just went around the track over and over. By the way, have you noticed all the potato people who have come out of the forest and are walking around the park?"

"I have, my limb-limited friend. We'll have to do something about that."

The Mighty Monkey appeared, pushing along an old pink wooden car. "This looks fine, I'll get to work on it right away."

"Wonderful. Well, nice seeing you Geoff."

"Aye boys, have a nice day."

----

Back at Value Burger, Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey are working in the cellar of the outlet.

"Monkey, I think using the cellar of the burger bar as our garage was a stroke of genius."

"Well, it was your idea, CC." Monkey lit a blowtorch, and dropped a large oil barrel on the bonnet of the car.

"There. It's finished."

Captain Catering walked to the car.

"I call it, the Monkey Mobile." Monkey said.

The children's wooden track car now had two large oil barrel lights, a rocket attached wobbly to each side, with another oil barrel rocket in the center of the back of the car. There were also small bits of triangluar wood hammered onto the car at odd angles, like the ends of an arrow. A satelite dish was also stuck on the side, and span around in circles.

"Fabulous Monkey."

"I've also given the car part of my own personality, so we'll be able to communicate with it. I just need to turn it on."

Monkey got into the car, and turned the key. The engine whirred and the lights came on.

The car seemed to brighten up, and exclaimed immedietely with a booming deep voice, "Super revitalization!"

Captain Catering looked at the Monkey Mobile, then at Monkey.

"Creating a personality for a car is difficult. I tried my best."

The Captain looked at the car again.

"Let's take it for a test ride!" Captain Catering jumped in the side, and the Monkey put the car into gear and drove it up and out of the secret entrance.

The secret hatch to the cellar opened, causing the family sitting at the picnic table that was attached to the top of it to fall off onto the pavement as it rose. The Monkey Mobile flew out from the hatch, and landed bumpily on the road. Potato people started bouncing off the bonnet.

"Engage potato chipper, Monkey!"

"Engaging potato chipper." Monkey replied.

The Mighty Monkey pressed the large red button marked "potato chipper", and a large spinning metal device sprouted from the front grill of the car. Potato people screamed as they began to be sucked into the device and turned into chips.

"Vegetable allotment." Said the Monkey Mobile.

"Wonderful Monkey! I'd only get angry to have to waste all this food."

----

Back in Value Burger, Cheeky, the ventriloquist doll who works on the chip fryer, chuckled quietly to himself as he set his hand on fire. Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey walk back in.

"Where've you two been?" Trout yells. "How do you think we can run this place if we haven't got enough staff?"

At which point, the wall next to where Trout was standing was knocked down and a giant female panda walks in through the wall. Trout sceams in terror as the Panda grabs her in her mouth and carries her away in her teeth.

"Looks like Trout didn't defrost any chips today, no wonder Panda was angry." Tim said. "Maybe we can help make enough, if we all chip in."

Monkey pulled out a gun, and shot Tim. He flew backwards and landed in a heap. "I hate Tim." He said.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
VenomByte wrote:
> Grix's story broke my head.
>
> I'm gonna sue.

No I'm sue, you can be betty
Sat 24/01/04 at 16:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix's story broke my head.

I'm gonna sue.
Sat 24/01/04 at 13:51
"period drama"
Yup.
Sat 24/01/04 at 11:29
"possibly impossible"
I think you'll find its far better read when drunk, which is saying something, as it's pretty damn entertaining when sober...
Sat 24/01/04 at 10:41
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
It's a Grix, it's not supposed to make sense.
Sat 24/01/04 at 10:32
Regular
"Notable"
Flockhart wrote:
> well thats three minutes of my life ill never get back.
> what the f**k was that all about?

The world record for reading at an impossible rate, apparantly.
Sat 24/01/04 at 04:36
Regular
"relocated"
I haven't read this, and I'm far too drink to consider doing so right now - but that was a funny answer.

I swear that I'll read it in the morning.
Sat 24/01/04 at 04:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
well thats three minutes of my life ill never get back.
what the f**k was that all about?
Sat 24/01/04 at 04:04
Regular
This is Holbifa Island. Holbifa Island is divided into three parts.

The largest part is a mountain that sits in the very centre of the island, which is so high that it always snows at the peak.

The West of the mountain is covered in a dark and deep forest, which is full of strange and interesting creatures.

And to the East you will find Holbifa Island Amusement Park, home to two of the greatest superheroes who ever lived, working in secret as assistants in the Value Burger fast food outlet. They are, of course, Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey.

"Captain Catering?" The Mighty Monkey asked, sitting in the chair behind Captain Catering as they both sat tied up with bonds around their wrists.

"Yes, MM?"

"Remember the time when we set a sheep on fire and let it loose inside the cinema?"

"No, I don't."

"Oh."

The large bomb next to them, which looked like no more than a giant alarm clock, continued to tick.

"Do you know what we need, CC?"

"What's that MM?"

"A car." Replied the Monkey.

"Well why don't you build one?"

"Good idea."

Monkey tapped his feet on the metal floor.

"CC?" He asked again.

"Yes Monkey?"

"Where are we?"

"We've been captured and we're being held in a large floating station, ten miles about the surface of the planet. We're tied up next to a bomb and I'm not sure how to get out of it."

"But CC, why don't I just use my secret and only power?"

"And what's that?" Captain Catering replied.

"To increase my body temperature to dangerous levels."

"Tremendous Monkey! Your temperature will burn our bonds and set us free!"

The Mighty Monkey, now wearing a red fez, concentrated, and began to glow a deep red. The ropes around his wrists burst into flames and fell off.

"Incredible work my naked friend." Captain Catering said, while pulling the remaining rope from his wrists. "Now, to escape this blasted station!"

The Mighty Monkey had found a large red button on the wall.

"What's that, Monkey?" CC said, walking to where he stood.

The Monkey pressed the button, and a trapdoor opened beneath their feet, dropping them out of the station and into the open sky.

"Good work Monkey!" Captain Catering shouted above the sound of the wind. "Now, about this car Monkey, why don't we go and see that old ride that was closed down?"

"We could steal a car from the ride and drive it around!" The Monkey shouted back. "Maybe we can run down small children."

"Run over children and get from A to B, yes, a fine plan Monkey."

----

Rachel, or Trout as everyone calls her, is the supervisor of Value Burger. Everyone calls her Trout because she smells like one.

There's also Cheeky, the ventriloquist doll; The Girl With No Name, who never speaks; and Tim, who is always polite and cheerful. Everybody hates him.

"Where are those damn boys?" Trout says, in a deep Welsh accent. "They're always bloody late, I'm getting really fed up with them."

"I'm sure they've got a good excuse." Tim says. "They're such nice people, you shouldn't be so hard on..."

Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey fall through the roof of the building, collapsing part of the ceiling, which falls on a screaming Tim and is immedietely silenced.

"There you are!" Trout says. "Come on now guys, get to work."

"My word, I think I landed on Tim!" The Captain exclaimed.

"Is he dead?" Asked Monkey.

"mugghghgfhf."

"Seems not." Captain Catering stood up, and dusted himself down. The Mighty Monkey looked at the mumbling pile of rubble, and pushed a fridge over onto it.

Captain Catering looked out over the counter of the outlet, there were a few potato people walking around outside. "Look Monkey, potato people."

The Mighty Monkey watched, as potato people walked around aimlessly, bumping into each other. A small child with a balloon walked past a potato person, who ate the child in a single gulp.

"Now that we're back in Value Burger I suggest we leave immedietely so we can find a car, but first we'll have to get past Trout."

"Hmmm." The Mighty Monkey scratched his chin.

----

Trout looked up from her crossword, noticed a large pantomine horse walking out the back door, then returned to 1 across.

"Right, to the disused car ride!" Captain Catering said, taking off the head of the costume.

----

A few minutes later, after running, the fantastic pair arrived at the old track car ride.

"Hello there boyos." Said a voice.

"Why, it's Peg Leg Geoff the Pirate Chef." Said Captain Catering. "Why are you out of the Cantina, Geoff?"

"I got bored." He replied. "The staff don't get to eat until a few hours, I thought I'd go for a walk."

"Well we're looking for a car." Said CC. "We're hoping to turn it into our very own superhero vehicle."

"Oh, that's a good idea." Said Peg Leg Geoff the Pirate Chef. "Well there are loads of cars here. I remember when this was running, all the cars just went around the track over and over. By the way, have you noticed all the potato people who have come out of the forest and are walking around the park?"

"I have, my limb-limited friend. We'll have to do something about that."

The Mighty Monkey appeared, pushing along an old pink wooden car. "This looks fine, I'll get to work on it right away."

"Wonderful. Well, nice seeing you Geoff."

"Aye boys, have a nice day."

----

Back at Value Burger, Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey are working in the cellar of the outlet.

"Monkey, I think using the cellar of the burger bar as our garage was a stroke of genius."

"Well, it was your idea, CC." Monkey lit a blowtorch, and dropped a large oil barrel on the bonnet of the car.

"There. It's finished."

Captain Catering walked to the car.

"I call it, the Monkey Mobile." Monkey said.

The children's wooden track car now had two large oil barrel lights, a rocket attached wobbly to each side, with another oil barrel rocket in the center of the back of the car. There were also small bits of triangluar wood hammered onto the car at odd angles, like the ends of an arrow. A satelite dish was also stuck on the side, and span around in circles.

"Fabulous Monkey."

"I've also given the car part of my own personality, so we'll be able to communicate with it. I just need to turn it on."

Monkey got into the car, and turned the key. The engine whirred and the lights came on.

The car seemed to brighten up, and exclaimed immedietely with a booming deep voice, "Super revitalization!"

Captain Catering looked at the Monkey Mobile, then at Monkey.

"Creating a personality for a car is difficult. I tried my best."

The Captain looked at the car again.

"Let's take it for a test ride!" Captain Catering jumped in the side, and the Monkey put the car into gear and drove it up and out of the secret entrance.

The secret hatch to the cellar opened, causing the family sitting at the picnic table that was attached to the top of it to fall off onto the pavement as it rose. The Monkey Mobile flew out from the hatch, and landed bumpily on the road. Potato people started bouncing off the bonnet.

"Engage potato chipper, Monkey!"

"Engaging potato chipper." Monkey replied.

The Mighty Monkey pressed the large red button marked "potato chipper", and a large spinning metal device sprouted from the front grill of the car. Potato people screamed as they began to be sucked into the device and turned into chips.

"Vegetable allotment." Said the Monkey Mobile.

"Wonderful Monkey! I'd only get angry to have to waste all this food."

----

Back in Value Burger, Cheeky, the ventriloquist doll who works on the chip fryer, chuckled quietly to himself as he set his hand on fire. Captain Catering and the Mighty Monkey walk back in.

"Where've you two been?" Trout yells. "How do you think we can run this place if we haven't got enough staff?"

At which point, the wall next to where Trout was standing was knocked down and a giant female panda walks in through the wall. Trout sceams in terror as the Panda grabs her in her mouth and carries her away in her teeth.

"Looks like Trout didn't defrost any chips today, no wonder Panda was angry." Tim said. "Maybe we can help make enough, if we all chip in."

Monkey pulled out a gun, and shot Tim. He flew backwards and landed in a heap. "I hate Tim." He said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.