GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands you hate the most"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/03/01 at 15:01
Regular
Right, no holds barred here. Which bands really get you reaching for the remote control when you see them on TV or hear them on the radio? I'll start the ball rolling:

Stereophonics, Limp Bizkit, Eminem (that should upset a few people), Travis, Hear'Say

Go on, have your say.
Sat 29/08/09 at 23:07
Regular
"Born to fish"
Fished down fleshwick rocks today with john payton. From the outset the mackerel were a pain in the bum, first cast i had two mackerel before my trace touched the bottom. It then went from mackerel to coalies every cast! We caught good numbers of callig up to 2 1/2 lb and ballen to 3lb, i also managed two grey gurnards. Fishing was what i would describe as hectic, the fish were none stop, not that i was complaining lol.
Think john was thinking about strangling me when we got back to the van, the walk to this rock mark isn't for the faint hearted lol. Might brind some alpine climbing gear next time lol
Mon 09/04/01 at 14:56
Regular
"not dead"
SmokedKipper wrote:

People read as
> much into lyrics as they want, regardless of whether they were ever
> meant to mean anything, so their quality can't really be used to
> compare artists because they can't be rationalised in this
> way.

"The lyrics aren't supposed to mean that much,
They're just a vehicle for a lovely voice"

From the bonus track on Mansun's debut album.

Other Mansun lyrics include:

"The nature of uncarved blocks,
Is how to describe,
What's hard to describe"......
Sat 07/04/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Having said that, A1 are rank in anyones book.
Sat 07/04/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I hate the vast majority of bands born out of a students flat. You know the sort.

People put far too much emphasis on how a band was formed - who cares? It's the music that they should be judged by and nothing else. If you don't like a pop act then slate them for their music, not their back ground. Would you stop likeing any of your favourite bands if it came out that they were originally manufactured? Of course not, so why criticise those that are?

Quality lyrics are a big argument causeras well. Lyrics which mean something to one person mean absolutely nothing to another. Radiohead talk absolute garbage throughout and certainly don't deserve any of the recognition they get. Loads of people go on about how good a songwriter Noel Gallagher is (some will strongly disagree) when in actual fact he has said himself that his lyrics don't mean anything. I rest my case.

No I don't. I could scribble down any old rubbish and it would be slated. Stick my lyrics on a Radiohead album and they would be raved about.

People read as much into lyrics as they want, regardless of whether they were ever meant to mean anything, so their quality can't really be used to compare artists because they can't be rationalised in this way.

Music (like films and games) is a form of entertainment and the sooner people stop treating it as an art for where 'boudaries have to be put back' for it to be good the better.

Long live pop. Long live (almost) everything else. Kill off pathetic, unjustifiable squabbling about things which really don't matter.
Sat 07/04/01 at 12:21
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Eminem is starting to annoy me, but I hate A1!

I HATE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART!
Sat 07/04/01 at 09:12
personaly i am a big eminem and dre fan, but i hate boybands espeically, i dont mind if a fit girl band are on so i can put it on mute.
Sat 07/04/01 at 09:10
we all have different tastes i suppose...
Sat 07/04/01 at 09:09
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Probably all Boy and Girl bands especially Hear'say!!!
Tue 27/03/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boy and girl bands!

I love Phonics and travis how can you say that! but thats your choice!

Most groups tht write own songs and can play instruments get my respect even if they are crap!

Tue 27/03/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
Steps, S Club 7, Hear'say, Atomic Kitten, Spice Girls, All boy bands, Catatonia!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.