GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yesterday's Aussie V/s India match"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 12:36
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Yesterday's Australia V/S India oneday match was a real gripper.

Being a fan of the Indian Cricket Team (since its the only team that gives something of a competition to the arch-rivals of our MCC), it was not a game to be missed, especially when I am on a tour of Australia. Sachin and Sehwag were not playing in the game, and it was much of a dissapointment for fans like me. Nevertheless, India showed why they are the second-best team in the world, by scoring 296 runs in their 50 overs, after losing their skipper earlier in the innings; owing to the centuries of Lakshman, for whome the SCG turns out to be a good-luck charm, and Yuvraj who was dealing in 1s and 2s before letting his bat loose at the end of the innings.

Aussies are the best team in the world, but this does not mean that they can afford a slow start to a 297 run chase, and Gilchrist did not dissapoint. He was 48 off just 25 odd balls, which had helped great in making Australia reach 73 in just 9 overs; when play had been called off due to rain.

The much accused D/L system was introduced, and Australia had to chase a revised target of 234 runs in 34 overs. Australia had nothing to worry about, gliding smoothly at 150/1 in 20 overs. But God had heard the cries of Indian fans, and Ponting was out in the 21st over at the hands of Irfan Pathan, who in the absence of Srinath and Zaheer Khan had taken the role of India's prime bowler. The very next ball, he made out Martyn and the Fans at the stadium cried out large, which easily surpassed the cries of "gooooal" in the France 98 football worldcup final. Luck did not want Pathan to get a hat-trick though.

The very next over Kartik claimed Gilchrist in the nervous ninties, and we realized why Ganguly is the best Skipper India had ever had. To compensate for his batting, Ganguly decided to bowl himself - and he turned out to be the bowler with the best bowling figures. Anytime someone would try to hit a six or a boundary off his ball, he would be out on the next delivery. The Australians dissappointed their fans, and collapsed like a stack of cards against the in-experienced Indian attack. With 15 to score in 12 balls, It was almost impossible for the Australian tail-enders to do the trick, and Agarkar gave away just four runs in the second-last over. 11 to score in the last 6 balls, I was over-joyed to see Australia losing, and with Lee (who is not the best of the batsmen on strike), it was India's game. Two singles and a double brought Lee on strike on the 4th ball with 7 runs to score. Nobody had thought what the result would be. Lee somehow managed to loft a yorker high in the air and got a 6, leaving me pale. Brett Lee did not decide to dig a hole though. All the eleven men were now in the ring, and had it not been a fumble from Rohan Gavaskar, Lee was surely going to be runout.

But that was not the case, and Lee managed to get in a run and lead Australia to the path of the victory. And although India are known for their capacity to snacth defeat from the jaws of victory, it was not the case this time. Australia had won through sheer luck, unlike their victory against England in the World-Cup.
Fri 30/01/04 at 12:03
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Do you think India would be able to pick up and win the best of 3 finals? Seeing your positive replies; I now have confidence that India are surely gonna win.
Tue 27/01/04 at 06:40
Regular
Tom Marvolo Riddle wrote:
> Arent you the same Silver Shadow who made his debut in the "Hi
> everyone" post in the general chat and had a loong discussion
> with a guy from India, Dharav I guess?

Yep, that's me!
Tue 27/01/04 at 06:39
Regular
> I do know and that is why I chose this as my alias.
> The words Tom Marvolo Riddle can be scramblled to form I am Lord
> Voldemort. If there is something other than that, I do not know.

That's what I figured out. Which is surprising as I'm not usually so quick!
Mon 26/01/04 at 17:06
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Arent you the same Silver Shadow who made his debut in the "Hi everyone" post in the general chat and had a loong discussion with a guy from India, Dharav I guess?
Mon 26/01/04 at 17:03
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Silver Shadow wrote:
> Off topic I know, but has anyone other than me discovered the
> anagrammical cleverness of your name Tom?

I do know and that is why I chose this as my alias.
The words Tom Marvolo Riddle can be scramblled to form I am Lord Voldemort. If there is something other than that, I do not know.
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
> Well, you can not just miss off Harbhajan Singh

I agree, totally forgot about HS and the reason for that is he has been injured for sometime now because he broke his arm. I believe he is a long term replacement for Kumble and a great spinner of the ball.

Kartik has been playing instead of HS, so I think you can play two spinner's in a game depending on pitch conditions and the oppostition. India also have Sachin Tendulker who is an old fasioned natural spinner of the game and can be useful with the ball.
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:22
Regular
Off topic I know, but has anyone other than me discovered the anagrammical cleverness of your name Tom?
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:18
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Well it really depends on if it's a one day match or a test series.
>
> The likes of Yuvraj and Kaif are excellent one day batsman but aren't
> really test players and there is also Sajay Bangar, Gavaskar JNR and
> Badani who are decent young, up and coming players.
>
> VVS Laxman scored his 3rd century today as India beat Zimbabwe by 3
> runs he is on great form at the moment and can play in both Test and
> One Day
>
> With the inclusion of some of the young bowlers, India can boast a
> relativly young but experianced team.
>
> The batting players in the test team tends to pick itself these days
> with Sehwag, Chopra, Tendulker, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly the top 6,
> then Partiv Patel wkt keeper and Agarkar as the all rounder finishing
> off with the Bowlers Pathan, Kumble, Zaheer Khan.

Well, you can not just miss off Harbhajan Singh or SS Das and the likes. As far as the Kumble/Singh case goes, the Indian squad has recieved many talents in its basket and hence, India cannot afford to use 2 spinners in one match. So there is always a coice between Singh and Kumble.
Sun 25/01/04 at 02:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well it really depends on if it's a one day match or a test series.

The likes of Yuvraj and Kaif are excellent one day batsman but aren't really test players and there is also Sajay Bangar, Gavaskar JNR and Badani who are decent young, up and coming players.

VVS Laxman scored his 3rd century today as India beat Zimbabwe by 3 runs he is on great form at the moment and can play in both Test and One Day

With the inclusion of some of the young bowlers, India can boast a relativly young but experianced team.

The batting players in the test team tends to pick itself these days with Sehwag, Chopra, Tendulker, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly the top 6, then Partiv Patel wkt keeper and Agarkar as the all rounder finishing off with the Bowlers Pathan, Kumble, Zaheer Khan.
Sun 25/01/04 at 01:48
"I am Lord Voldemort"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Yup I also watched this game, great entertainment with a mixture of
> dissapointment that India didn't win.
>
> India have more than Matched the Aussie's in the recent meetings and
> it's been good watching such quality teams trying to out think and
> outplay each other.
>
> The previous one which India won was also great to watch with India
> scoring a huge 303 which the Aussie's failed to breach.
>
> The inclusion of recent young bowlers are something which India have
> been Crying out for. Irfan Pathan can swing the ball both ways and is
> quite pacey, probabaly what we need since the retirement of Srinath
> and Kartik is a more than capable spinner.

Everything is correct, but the big question is that whom would the selectors select in the team, since Sachin Sehwag Ganguly and Dravid have their places reserved, their would be a lot of compertition between other players. Isnt it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.