GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Five Films"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 18:00
Regular
Everybody has their own list. What are the top five films you've ever seen? Stick them down here with/without reasons, and it'll be a good way to get people interested in different films. Here's mine (no particular order):

The Matrix

My favourite film of all time for it's sublime balance between great plotline and brilliant action sequences. Superbly directed in a distinctly anime style, this is an original and epic achievement. Forget the disappointing sequels - this is virtually flawless.

The Shawshank Redemption

An engrossing film with an excellent storyline built up through some exceptional character development, and topped off with some of the best acting around and a legendary, unexpected ending.

The Godfather

Highly watchable American Mafia thriller that follows the exploits and struggles of the Corleone family as one of the most influencial crime organisations in New York. A true great, with some brilliant acting from Marlon Brando and Al Pacino.

The Godfather Part II

Cutting nicely from past to present, this carries on after the original Godfather film but also recounts the tale of Vito Corleone and his rise to power. Once again, this is brilliantly watchable and Robert De Niro and, once again, Al Pacino are excellent.

Taxi Driver

Controversial for its time, Taxi Driver is the story of one man (Robert De Niro) trying to do what's right - but not necessarily in the right one. If it had to be pigeonholed, I'd call this a people story but there are great elements of action and thrillers apparent to. A triumph.

Five Films I want to see:
The Usual Suspects, Road to Perdition, The Godfather III, Scarface, Natural Born Killers.

[I expect this has already been done to death, but I was just interested to the opinions of the people on this site. Discuss away.]
Sun 01/02/04 at 10:24
Regular
Fight Club's on my DVD shopping list - I'm building up my collection.

Have bought The Matrix, The Godfather Trilogy, Top Gun, Seven, Donnie Brasco and American History X so far.
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:25
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It's too late/early for me to think of a well thought out list, but five films that could possibly be in mine are:

The Big Lebowski
American Splendor
Dumb And Dumber
Punch Drunk Love
This Is Spinal Tap
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Fight Club's gotta be in there. Awesome film.

"Advertising makes us work all day in jobs we don't like, to buy crap we don't need."

You'd have to agree with that one.
Sat 31/01/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, you do that, it really is worth it.
Sat 31/01/04 at 23:20
Regular
I am intrigued...

Will rent it before splashing out on a DVD though.
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yip. And Rutger Hauer and Darryl Hannah. Get the directors cut version.
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:41
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Cubist V.2 wrote:
> >Blade Runner
>
> Is it any good? I played the game.
>
> WTF? It's excellent! Go out and buy it now, you won't regret
> it...until you get to the shop and realise it's shut, but still...

Harrison Ford, right?
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:41
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Batman & Robin is one of the most expensive films in history. Even
> worse, it actually broke even and made a profit.
>
> Hollywood will back any old tripe.

That's so damn annoying.

That money could've been put to such better use...
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Batman & Robin is one of the most expensive films in history. Even worse, it actually broke even and made a profit.

Hollywood will back any old tripe.
Sat 31/01/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Cubist V.2 wrote:
> >Blade Runner
>
> Is it any good? I played the game.

WTF? It's excellent! Go out and buy it now, you won't regret it...until you get to the shop and realise it's shut, but still...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.