GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FAO Torquay United. Freeola advertising on emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 11:17
Regular
Is it possible to turn off the advertising at all? I know it is to keep it free but I am willing to pay something to stop it.

Any advise is welcome

the borg
Fri 30/01/04 at 16:37
Regular
ta

the borg
Fri 30/01/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Borg,

I'm talking right now with our technical partners about providing a stats package or the daily log. Not sure which will happen but we want to get something for people.

In the meantime you might need one of those systems where you stick the image on your page and it logs that way.

Regards,
Danny
Fri 30/01/04 at 13:51
Regular
ok, I wont do it. I didn't realise the lack of the remote access was a "control", I just thought it was an annoyance that freeola hadn't sorted out yet. And I don't think me uploading the odd file when not at home can be classified as "Widespread abuse".

As I have your attention Danny - Is it possible to access the 'access log' file to view hits and referers etc?

the borg
Fri 30/01/04 at 10:22
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Borg,

I must warn you in advance that we have random scripts checking for files uploaded in this manner. Those files may be deleted without notice automatically.

Freeola offers a selection of free services with the clear understanding that to use some of those services you need to connect via a Freeola connection.

Widespread abuse or attempts to bypass controls we use will only serve to make things worse in the future for those using Freeola in the spirit it is offered.

Regards,
Danny
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:42
Regular
ditto, I am in the stages of creating a simple file upload form for my remote uploads - I am only going to upload the odd file remotely so freeola have nothing to worry about.

the borg
Thu 29/01/04 at 18:33
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Turbonutter wrote:
> However you do have a moral obligation to Freeola in this matter.

I provide free tech-support to the users of this forum, so I consider my moral obligation annulled!
Thu 29/01/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
I know we keep saying it but watch this space. We're determined to get this off the ground asap.

Turbonutter wrote:
> AFAIK you can't pay for remote access with Freeola.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
Bob, you are right!

I always use a freeola.net email address and assumed the domain ones were the same.

the borg
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AFAIK you can't pay for remote access with Freeola.
Wed 21/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
Thanks for the feedback.

I am currently with pipex dsl and have several sites hosted at freeola (with domain names) and it is a pain to have to dial-up to freeola every time I want to upload. I was thinking about changing over to freeola for dsl access but the only thing putting me off (apart from the price) is the advertising on the emails. I use pipex's smtp servers at the mo but I wont be able to if I convert to freeola.

The other option (if possible) it to pay freeola to enable remote access. This is a better option but probably less doable.

the borg

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.