GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Questions regarding Love"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Do you think that 'True Love' is a sensible or achievable concept?
Do you think that you have found true love?
How do you know when you have found true love?
If you lost your love and yet could carry on, does that mean your love wasn't true?
Fri 30/01/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Rosalind wrote:
> Do you think that 'True Love' is a sensible or achievable concept?

Sensible? Definitely not.
Achievable? Strange way to put it. Does 'True Love' exist? Yes, I believe it does but it is not made up of moonlit dinners and long walks.

True love is a combination of patience, endurance, boredom, habit with some moments of pure delight. People change and continually grow thoughout life, which is where patience and endurance come into it. You need to be willing to allow your partner to develop and give them any support they need but you also need to be able to adapt to the changes yourself and vica versa. Boredom and habit are just the standard mundalities of life.

That's a little simplified but *shrugs*

I've known some relationships where I've been told 'we love each other deeply' but the relationship is harmful, not necessarily physically either. There are occasions when you have to stand back and say 'I am not going to do this to myself anymore'

> Do you think that you have found true love?

Unfortunately yes although I could live without it.

> How do you know when you have found true love?

You plan their funeral and then suddenly feel a whacking great sense of emptiness, of loneliness. Not sadness as such just a void.

I did this when the papers released a list of songs to be buried to and told him what I'd chosen, much to his disgust - he doesn't like Queen. I told him he would be dead so tough I'd get my way but when I thought about it on my own I was surprised to be swamped with the above emotions. I was also disgusted with myself as I am very independent of my partner.

> If you lost your love and yet could carry on, does that mean your
> love wasn't true?

No it doesn't mean your love wasn't true. It just means a time for change and adjustment, a time to move on and develop your life in a different way.
Tue 27/01/04 at 19:01
"period drama"
Great, thanks.
Now my ears have started bleeding again
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:39
Regular
": ("
*Where is the love*

[ ? ]
[ ? ]
[ ? ]
[ ? ]
[ ? ]
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:04
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> *standing applause in Light's direction*
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:37
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Love, something i thought i had found.

A life of, Spending no quality time together what so ever. Not getting on at all arguing constantly. What goods that doing for us both plus are kid. I want to be happy with this person but i am finding it hard. very hard. I KNOW there is someone out there for EVERYONE, but how can we be sure its the right one.
Tue 27/01/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> *standing applause in Light's direction*

Heh. Aw, shucks...
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:12
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Either way I think it is safe to say that:

Love lifts us up where we belonnnnnnnnnng,
Where the eeeeeeeeeeagles fly,
On a moooooooooountain high,

I'll leave without a fuss...
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Rosalind wrote:

Yes, although it depends on how you define it really, but if you mean someone you really love, as opposed to like, for who they are despite any negatives, and that person does likewise, then that is what I would say is true love.

Nope. Maybe once, but not now.

I'm guessing you just know because you can decide it is without hesitation. No "maybe" or time to think about it, you'd know.

> love wasn't true?

Depends how you lose them, but if it's because one of you saw someone else or was sleeping with someone else and left you for that reasons then it wasn't true love.
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:01
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I think true love is something you'll only ever find in a Shakespearean play when the characters love is so deep that they die for it. Otherwise I think people fall in and out of love even with the same people. One minute you may be shouting and screaming at your partner, the next you could be in the sack doing whatever it is you do (And I don't mean play chess and talk about politics)
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:39
Regular
"I ush!"
Rosalind wrote:

Not in the glossy, sugar coated conventional sense.

No.

No.

> love wasn't true?

No.

And now for the over-contrived metaphor.

Love is like a house. It isn't found, it is built and maintained.
If it doesn't have solid foundations, eventually despite your best efforts it will fall down.
If it gets neglected, and problems are ignored or left unattended it will fall down.
If there's a leak that no-one knows about under the bath, soon you'll be washing in the kitchen.

The difficulty arises in finding out whether you have a dream apartment, a fixer upper or a lost cause. Unfortunately I don't think that you can contract someone to do a survey on love.

or perhaps not

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.