GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*SHOCK! HORROR! GAMES MAKE YOU MORE INTELLIGENT!*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/03/01 at 18:44
Regular
Now I've killed the rest off...

From FGNonline.

A U.K. Home Office report has concluded that children who become addicted to games may actually be more intelligent than the average child. More inside.

The reports continued to explain that these children are more likely to go on to university and higher-ranking jobs. One British study found that computer "geeks" who had been hooked on games for at least five years were highly intelligent, motivated and achieving people, but often misunderstood.

A follow-up study five years later found that they generally had done well educationally, gone on to college and then into better than average jobs.

Superb. Now I have an excuse to play games instead of revising. ;0)
Mon 26/03/01 at 18:44
Regular
Now I've killed the rest off...

From FGNonline.

A U.K. Home Office report has concluded that children who become addicted to games may actually be more intelligent than the average child. More inside.

The reports continued to explain that these children are more likely to go on to university and higher-ranking jobs. One British study found that computer "geeks" who had been hooked on games for at least five years were highly intelligent, motivated and achieving people, but often misunderstood.

A follow-up study five years later found that they generally had done well educationally, gone on to college and then into better than average jobs.

Superb. Now I have an excuse to play games instead of revising. ;0)
Mon 26/03/01 at 18:46
Regular
Pros on gaming: fun
Cons: tiredness.
Mon 26/03/01 at 18:49
Regular
And a new term developed by doctors is known as well.

If gamers suffer RSI, (Or repetitive strain injury, for all you fact finders out there,) from the overuse of games, it is known as "nintendoitis".

Not "sonyitis", nor "segaitis", or even "microsoftitis"... even though that sounds somehow better.

It seems Nintendo have won the war to damage more children than any other console. ;0)

Mon 26/03/01 at 18:52
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Does this mean boys will be more intelligent than girls?
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:02
Regular
If we assume boys play more games than girls... yes.

Mon 26/03/01 at 19:02
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
That's why i'm so intelligent!:)
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Will the girls still tell us what to do?
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:05
Regular
The stupid and the knowledgable speak, but the wise listen.

Old brain proverb.
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:13
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Grix, I think you must be older than me in real life.
Mon 26/03/01 at 19:15
Regular
If I ever find real life Tony, I may be able to confirm that. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.