GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Battlefront II - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'.
Tue 25/08/09 at 18:42
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game is is the sequel to Star Wars Battlefront. ^he story is narrated by a Clone soldier and, unlike the original Battlefront, the story doesn’t span over the entire Star Wars story line. From going from the good side to the bad! The game covers both galaxy and planet battles. Not only that but also there are great vehicles such as the AT-TE.
Each different type of trooper have different guns and bombs. This means that they are vital for different missions, such as the sharpshooter is better for assasinations than a Engineer, and not so great in others. There are also special appearances from Jedi Masters, Yoda, Darth Vader, and many more.There are many different types of enemies aswell.

Each Trooper has an advantage that makes him an integral part of each mission. Clones have a laser machinegun, Heavy Troopers carry rocket launchers, and Jet Troopers have an air pack that let's them fly for a short time. Perform well and additional types of Troopers will become available.
There are 2 training modes that teach you all about these different characters, guns, vehicles, enemies, checkpoints and nodes.
Galactic Conquest is a new mode that plays like a turn-based strategy game. Battles occur all over the galaxy, in space and on our favorite planets. Buy units, move toward or away from enemies, and defeat them to take control of the galaxy. Both of the Star Wars trilogies clash for a war that takes you through major scenarios from each movie. These battles are considerably more difficult than the main quest, but you'll find that you have additional options to alleviate some of the pain. Bonus items can be purchased that will enhance your fleet before battle, or cripple your enemies' defenses just before you attack.

The precision aim of the gun allows define precision of shooting down your enemy.

When it comes to mission mode ther are certain types of missions that can be skipped. But not all can be skipped.

Once each mission is completed, your commander will explain the next mission. In the select menu it will give you hints on how to complete the mission,

However, in the game your troops can warn you of incoming fire, but it not always means your character.

The game overall gets 9/10.
Wed 04/11/09 at 17:58
Regular
"How Ironic"
Don't get me wrong, for a PS2 game, it looks great, i love the Geonisis level, but it in terms of interaction with the environment, it feels crummy. As i said, the only interaction i could think off is doors, although i was impressed with the barriers on the ships, the way they slow you down as you go in and out.
Wed 04/11/09 at 16:34
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Sonic Chris wrote:
i don't think of 9/10. The gameplay is far too
> repetitive for me. It's the
> levels that got me. They were soooo boring. The environment
> wasn't interactive. The most you can interact with was the
> automatic doors that would open when you went near them.

I do have to agree with you but i feel that some of the scenery was great.
Wed 04/11/09 at 11:53
"possibly impossible"
Loved Battlefront II on the Xbox, one of the first games I properly played online (if you didn't count the Dreamcast).

The problem I have now is that there is so much to poke holes in and the recent release of the LOTR game using much the same archetecture shows this up.
Mon 02/11/09 at 17:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
I did enjoy Battlefront and Battlefront 2. Although i disagree with your rating. For a PS2 game, it's near the top, but when i think of it, i don't think of 9/10. The gameplay is far too repetitive for me. Yes you get your various classes, which in turn give your a different selection of weapons. You also unlock heroes to use during the level (which i didn't like). It's the levels that got me. They were soooo boring. The environment wasn't interactive. The most you can interact with was the automatic doors that would open when you went near them. Star Wars for me was all about the differences in places, and when i played this game, i felt like i was just on another boring map.
Mon 02/11/09 at 17:31
Regular
good review, unlike mine you have more words (alot more)
Thu 27/08/09 at 23:57
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Thanks...... i thought the game was great to review even though it's been around quite along time...... it has never been reviewed
Wed 26/08/09 at 09:52
Regular
"THFC"
never played the Battlefront games, always liked the look of the Online side of things!

Thanks for the review and good to see a new user contribute positively to the forums!
Tue 25/08/09 at 18:42
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game is is the sequel to Star Wars Battlefront. ^he story is narrated by a Clone soldier and, unlike the original Battlefront, the story doesn’t span over the entire Star Wars story line. From going from the good side to the bad! The game covers both galaxy and planet battles. Not only that but also there are great vehicles such as the AT-TE.
Each different type of trooper have different guns and bombs. This means that they are vital for different missions, such as the sharpshooter is better for assasinations than a Engineer, and not so great in others. There are also special appearances from Jedi Masters, Yoda, Darth Vader, and many more.There are many different types of enemies aswell.

Each Trooper has an advantage that makes him an integral part of each mission. Clones have a laser machinegun, Heavy Troopers carry rocket launchers, and Jet Troopers have an air pack that let's them fly for a short time. Perform well and additional types of Troopers will become available.
There are 2 training modes that teach you all about these different characters, guns, vehicles, enemies, checkpoints and nodes.
Galactic Conquest is a new mode that plays like a turn-based strategy game. Battles occur all over the galaxy, in space and on our favorite planets. Buy units, move toward or away from enemies, and defeat them to take control of the galaxy. Both of the Star Wars trilogies clash for a war that takes you through major scenarios from each movie. These battles are considerably more difficult than the main quest, but you'll find that you have additional options to alleviate some of the pain. Bonus items can be purchased that will enhance your fleet before battle, or cripple your enemies' defenses just before you attack.

The precision aim of the gun allows define precision of shooting down your enemy.

When it comes to mission mode ther are certain types of missions that can be skipped. But not all can be skipped.

Once each mission is completed, your commander will explain the next mission. In the select menu it will give you hints on how to complete the mission,

However, in the game your troops can warn you of incoming fire, but it not always means your character.

The game overall gets 9/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.